Senior Software Engineer
Main Purpose of Role:
Software Developers are involved inall phases of a project including planning, development, testing and ongoingsupport.
Key desirablebehaviours and experience:
Motivated independent self-starter; needs minimalsupervision.
- Displays knowledge and passion for technology.
- Strives for a intelligent and feasible solution taking intoaccount all aspects of the system
- Rapidly picks up new scenarios during a testing/evaluationphase. Asks intelligent questions in response.
- Understands business urgency and drives the team to hitdelivery targets.
- Underminimum or no supervision, performs any of the following tasks:
- Developsdetailed program designs
- Developstechnical specifications
- Establishprogramming time schedules
- Developssystem test plans and evaluates results
- Preparesand evaluates program level and job level documentation
- Performsand oversees implementation and turnover
- Reportstask status
- Ensuresadherence to all applicable standards
- Undermoderate supervision and coaching, begin to apply and learn how to:
- Workwith business users to identify, analyze, and define business problems and opportunities
- Preparetime and resource
- ProgrammingLanguages and Skills – Java, XML, XSLT, SQL, PERL.
- Database - Oracle 10g 11g, PL/SQL
- Workingknowledge of Unix Tool Sets.
- Software–Eclipse, Ant, Subversion/CVS a plus.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Solid development experience in a commercial/enterprise level IT environment.
- Strong application focussed development skills with experience developing enterprise level applications from concept to delivery.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills.
- Effective communicator at all levels, excellent inter-personal skills, strong business focus.
- Highly self-motivated and confident to work on projects alone as well as in a team.
- An enthusiastic approach to extending knowledge and learning new skills.
- Strong commitment to quality of work and a good attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in Linux, UNIX, Windows environments
- Mustbe experienced with product/project life-cycle methodologies in a Unix/Linuxserver environment.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top