Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a passionate engineer to join a stellar team working on our Microsoft .NET web application. We're a group of talented individuals who are big on collaboration, continuous learning, and growth in an agile environment while still keeping things fun! You'll be involved in many aspects – helping evolve our existing architecture, working with teams to improve operations, and implementing new features and functionality.
This position is a full-time telecommuting role. Legal Tracker recognizes a core factor to our ongoing success is hiring the brightest software developers, those who are passionate about building great software and enjoy the challenges it presents. Legal Tracker (and Thomson Reuters as a whole) also recognizes the importance of disconnecting, and Forbes rated Thomson Reuters in the top 25 big companies for work-life balance. (http://onforb.es/1sqVAow).
If you are a self-motivated, self-disciplined individual who takes pride in his craft and shows strong work ethic while enjoying a healthy work-life balance, then this job is a match for you.
TR Legal Tracker is a leading provider of legal workflow solutions to corporate legal departments worldwide. Tracker is a SaaS application and is the No. 1 ranked matter management and e-billing system among corporations and firms, providing the data and analytic tools to enable legal departments to efficiently track, control, manage, analyse, and report on legal activities worldwide.
- Write automated unit tests using NUnit and Moq.
- Participate in peer code reviews and mentoring of other software engineers
- Work with Product Management and lead developer to translate feature requirements and specifications into detailed technical specifications, plan and estimates
- Maintain expert level knowledge of various vertical areas of functionality and technology within the platform
- Contribute ideas and enhancements to the product's frameworks and tools such as our web framework, ORM, unit testing framework, and administrative tools
- Leadership roles in one or more areas such as performance, security, builds, and framework technologies such as AJAX or ORM, etc.
- BS in Computer Science or related field - work experience can be substituted for education
- 5 years of development experience
- Competence in object-oriented design and development using C#
- Knowledge of relational database design concepts and SQL
- Programming experience with Microsoft's .NET framework
- DBMS experience, such as MS SQL Server (preferred), Oracle, or other
- Experience working with a large code base
- Experience with NUnit, Telerik's Kendo UI Framework, WCF or WebAPI Web Services, TFS
- Familiarity with the following: data structures, code optimization, code re-factoring, design patterns, multi-tiered architectures, database and query optimization, stateless server farm architecture, object relational mappers, data conversion, software security, report development, and automated unit testing
Must Have Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong interest and passion for designing and developing great software
- A quick, independent and self-motivated learner
- A strong sense of responsibility, personal self-discipline, and ability to work independently
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to manage time and tasks with little supervision
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top