Senior Software Engineer
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated cloud software engineer who combines solid technical credentials for the position of Senior Software Engineer within our Cloud Center of Excellence team. In this role, you will collaborate with technology peers and business partners to build and deploy the foundation for the next generation of modern cloud native software applications and services for Thomson Reuters.
Are you passionate about using cloud technologies, open-source, and love working with and developing the latest technologies in a dynamic environment? Do you have a burning desire to move fast and be bold? Then we want you on our team!
As part of the Cloud Center of Excellence team, you will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, energetic, and high performing team at the heart of the Thomson Reuters transformation to developing cloud native applications and services. This group is nimble and creative and will shape our technology road map. This role will be instrumental to enabling the current and future world of cloud computing at Thomson Reuters. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to delivery against existing and future needs of our customers.
Your role will include working with the following technologies
- AWS and Azure cloud providers and related services
- SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) or IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions
- Database technologies including SQL and NoSQL
- Discrete micro services with simple repeatable cloud native architectural patterns
- Continuous delivery tools such as AWS Code Services, VSTS, Git, Bash scripts, Jenkins, Jenkins DSL, Spinnaker and Gradle
- Infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Packer, Chef, AWS CloudFormation, Powershell, Azure Resource Tools
- Programming languages such as Java, .NET
- Java, .NET, and related open source libraries
- Scripting languages such as Python
- Security best practices for cloud
- Server-less technologies such as AWS Lambda or Azure Functions
- Container technologies such as Docker, AWS ECS, Azure Container Service or Kubernetes
- Cloud native libraries such as Netflix OSS.
- Test automation frameworks
If you have the talent and desire to build innovative business critical software services at a rapid pace, seamlessly serving many of the largest companies in the world come join our team!
- Collaborate with technologists across the company to build cloud native applications
- Approaching work with a DevOps and continuous improvement mindset
- Ensure consistency with cloud architectural guiding principles for assigned projects
- Keep up-to-date with emerging cloud technology trends – open source and cloud vendors such as AWS and Azure
- Work in a highly collaborative and dynamic agile team environment with multiple levels of technology staff across various geographical locations
- Apply principles of trust, transparency, accountability and ownership
- Anticipate needs and implications of decisions, proactively working to identify, clarify, and resolve issues, and removing barriers within and outside the organization in a timely manner
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters' core values?
Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
- Bachelor's degree in related technology program preferred
- Minimum of 4 years software engineering experience including:
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Proven ability to solve complex problems independently
- Excellent communication skills
- 2 years of relevant cloud experience including 2 or more of the following:
- Building cloud native applications and services following cloud native architecture methodologies running in the public cloud
- Java or .NET experience including open source libraries
- Scripting languages such as Python, Perl or UNIX/Shell
- Comfortable working in Windows and *Nix environments including writing scripts
- SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experience demonstrating best practices through a consultative approach:
- Customer first mindset
- Outgoing innovator investigating new technologies and suggesting technology and/or process improvements
- Creative problem solving, troubleshooting skills, and critical thinking skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top