Senior Software Development Engineer
Thomson Reuters is one of the largest technology employers in Minnesota. In this position you'll join our Financial & Risk organization, a functional division of Thomson Reuters, located in Eagan, MN. We're looking for a top-notch software engineer to augment an experienced software development team for Elektron Data Solutions. This is a new, green-field, cloud native project for delivery of financial data. Our goal is to find talented people with a passion for technology that have experience developing in Java with Amazon Web Services.
You will participate in all aspects of development of a production software system that supplies critical financial information to power our client's businesses. We foster a collaborative environment where people love to exchange ideas and best practices.
Thomson Reuters is an incredible place to make your career happen. If you are looking for great challenges in application development, Thomson Reuters is for you!
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the development of resilient, scalable, and flexible software systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or strongly-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven experience working in fast-paced software development environment, leveraging core Agile and DevOps principles
- Experience with Java (5 yrs)
- Experience with Spring, i.e. Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
- Comfortable with command line interfaces
- Unit testing and code coverage experience
- An ability to succeed working in a global team, with an emphasis on flexibility and customer service
- Proven record of delivering code to production use
- Good communications style and a strong desire to collaborate with business stakeholders, management, peers and software developers alike
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate with limited supervision
- Experiences with microservices
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Maven/Gradle
- Familiar with AWS technologies
- Experience with relational database technologies
- Experience with key/value or JSON storage
- Experience designing components or services
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with DevOps tactics
- Experience with Rest, RPC and Event Driven interfaces
- Experience creating fault tolerant and internet scale software
- Experience with financial market data and/or financial market products
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top