Senior Software Developer / DevOps
We are looking for a Sr Software Developer whobrings solid development, systems automation and data analytics experience tohelp our Legal Enterprise Solutions business unit transform current customer-facingenterprise applications into cloud-based services and application platforms.
Using your strong software engineering background,creativity, and intellectual curiosity, you will work as part of a small DevOpsteam to design, build and establish operational processes and deployment for a distributed,high-availability cloud platform and help automate processes, enhanceperformance and ensure security of system architecture that will have a globalpresence.
Theideal candidate will have experience using industry standard tools and writing codeand scripts to manage large infrastructure deployments, an understanding of therequirements for moving infrastructure from on-premise datacenters to thepublic cloud, and enjoy the challenges that arise in supporting and enablingsoftware development projects as they transition from on-premise to cloud-hosted architectures.
ThomsonReuters Legal Enterprise Solutions (LES) consists of the Thomson Reuters Eliteand Thomson Reuters Legal Tracker businesses. LES is a leading developer ofintegrated information solutions for professional services firms worldwide. LESis the premier provider of financial and matter management systems to the legalindustry. With main offices in Los Angeles and Bellevue, and additional officesaround the world, LES has a global presence.
- Work as a member of a small Agile (Scrum) team that is part of a fast-paced, dynamic DevOps organization.
- Implement and maintain internal and external cloud-based solutions and infrastructure that spans across multiple public and private clouds and regions (Azure, AWS, Thomson Reuters datacenters)
- Follow SDLC best practices and participate in code reviews.
- Ensure adherence to appropriate security standards and best practices at the network, infrastructure and application levels.
- Assist LES Security team in security audits to prevent, detect and respond to internal and external security threats
- Automate management and orchestration tasks, streamline processes and perform standard administration functions as needed
- Design and develop procedures to automate various systems and tasks (i.e. automating code builds and deployments, systems upgrade and maintenance, alerting and monitoring)
- Work with DevOps Leads and Managers to define functional and operational requirements and create high-level specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Research and promotion of new DevOps tools to simplify processes and identify opportunities for improving existing processes or implementing new process automation.
- Handle production and non-production support issues as they arise.
- Work in collaboration with LES architects to represent DevOps during design and development of software or extensive revisions to existing applications; products may be for use internally or resale
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted for education
- 5 years in application development, distributed systems architecture, data engineering or enterprise infrastructure operations with deep commitment to consistent coding standards
- 5 years demonstrated programming experience (C#, Powershell, Java, etc)
- Problem solving, design and testing skills, proven ability to think proactively, identify and escalate issues early; clearly document solutions and project results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong plus for experience migrating, developing, automating applications on public and hybrid cloud platforms (preference for Azure experience) in a DevOps model
- Strong plus for experience developing and maintaining applications in Microsoft Azure, including experience with Azure Active Directory
- Strong plus for experience with industry standard configuration management systems, including but not limited to Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Powershell DSC etc
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top