Senior Site Reliability Engineer
This SRE position will lead and support technology for our Product Insight Platform.
Thomson Reuter's Product Insight is an innovative solution architected in Amazon Web Services technology. Thomson Reuters products embed a library with utilities to format information about events in the products and send those events to be collected but the AWS solution. The event information is later merged with the user data in AWS environment allowing for data analytics on product use helping product managers to understand use and set future capabilities. The Product Insight system has quickly become popular with several Thomson Reuters products and is posed to be adopted by some of the larger customer based products. Being a part of the Product Insight team means working with a lot of excited and happy internal customers.
The Product Insight technology stack starts with Java data collection SDKs for multiple technology environments including any Java application, web browsers, IOS or Android application. The components of AWS components include EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, etc. Finally, Kibana is used to create dashboards using the analytics. Product Insight is a unique industry and leading implementation of these technologies.
As Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will be responsible for the growth and scale of our cloud systems. You will be the first responder when something serious goes wrong in the systems, and you will be empowered to dive into any system to keep our services running. Further, you will be expected to understand amazon resource utilization and adjust the automated scaling for both cost management and responsiveness.
Your role will be a mix of proactive and reactive work.
You'll be working on things like:
- Keeping the ship sailing! Monitoring and supporting the IT infrastructure environment;
- Improve the reliability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our Cloud services;
- Engineering solutions in the long term to make everyone's life easier;
- Finding issues and collaborating with development and products teams to resolve.
- Prevent these issues from happening again;
- Conduct periodic on call duties.
We are looking for someone that has:
- A BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, with a minimum of 7 years of experience;
- A solid experience working with AWS cloud services;
- A strong grasp of security, privacy, and monitoring, housekeeping and scaling concepts;
- Expertise in Linux system administration, databases (relational and NoSQL), web servers, networking and storage technologies.
- Experience in Python;
- Comfortable with Git/Github;
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis;
- Experience with Docker;
- Experience with the ELK stack.
- Someone that has strong sense of ownership, drive and good prioritization skills;
- Passionate about cloud and open source technologies;
- A team player;
- Able to adapt quickly to a new environment;
- Able to learn fast;
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done;
- Ability to interact with a distributed team
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top