Senior SEO Strategist
SEO Strategist is responsible for optimizing our Web sites to make them more search-engine-friendly, thus elevating our positions in search results. This will help us improve the volume and quality of traffic to FindLaw.com from natural search referrals.
The Performance Team is responsible for developing leading edge digital marketing capabilities, including but not limited to SEO, lead generation, paid search, mobile, video and social. This organization drives business results by cultivating and maintaining digital marketing expertise (many times through pilots) that is then applied to solutions and capabilities. In this role, you will deliver on multiple efforts through testing and analysis, while being fully emerged in web/internet trends and technologies, including search engine marketing.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in his/her Digital Marketing discipline(s) by monitoring emerging (and cutting edge) industry developments.
- Work closely with FindLaw Product and Analytics Teams to validate market opportunity, flesh out product concepts, and develop business cases
- Ensure products and capabilities created deliver on defined value proposition by performing data analysis and validation
- Gain Organizational alignment with experts in other departments to establish consistent POVs
- Own and/or champion initiatives/capabilities to drive incremental performance/value
- Execute pilots defined in concert with Product Management and Product Development
- Work with various groups to create Product/Solution/Capability Best Practices
- Partner across the organization to monitor key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Provide testing and production support
- Assist with special projects as assigned
Skill Set Desired:
- Vast understanding of digital marketing, web and publishing technologies
- Ability to leverage data to analyze, troubleshoot, and remedy portfolio performance issues through all stages of the sales/value funnel
- A high level of technical SEO knowledge and coding prowess (WordPress and API integration experience a plus)
- Ability to validate web code and recommend corrective action when issues are found (browser developer tools experience a plus)
- Proficient in Google Search Console, Bing Search Console, Adobe Analytics, log file analysis, secure internet protocols, and structured data a plus
- Proven ability to drive change, and collaborate cross-functionally to drive business results
- Strong analytical experience and expertise with web analytics software
- Perform competitive analysis and recommend actionable items
- Effectively handle and prioritize multiple and complex projects
- Front end development experience a plus
- Experience and Qualifications
- A self-starter
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven analytical skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Thrive in a dynamic environment
- Minimum of 4+ years in a similar capacity
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience
Primary Business Partners:
- Product Management
- Product Development
- Strategic Development
FindLaw is the leading provider of business development solutions for law firms and home to the largest online destination for people with legal needs (www.findlaw.com). Our integrated marketing solutions help law firms grow their practice through strategic marketing approaches that drive results. The growth and success of our business is the direct result of our diverse teams of talent that are creative, dynamic, and just plain knowledgeable. We recruit and retain the best professionals from across the country that bring an array of expertise to the table, including legal experts, tech talents, marketing wizards, data geeks, and digital strategists.
Our benefits package includes all the usual suspects: medical, dental, retirement savings, paid time off, etc. In addition, people grow here. We've worked hard to make this a great place for our people to contribute so they can grow and help us grow. As part of the global Thomson Reuters family, employees benefit from unlimited career development opportunities to help them on their professional path of success.
This part is about you. Are you a motivated professional who has a natural bias towards action? Are you a natural collaborator who knows how to advocate for your position yet respects the value of different perspectives? Do you know your stuff and still want to learn even more? Do you understand that being competitive means being flexible and knowing that change can be fun? Do you care about culture and understand that you play a role in shaping it? Most importantly, do you find yourself nodding "yes," as you read this job description? If so, you should work at FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top