Senior Reward Analyst (F&R)
"This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html "
Reporting to the Vice President of Reward Solutions, the Senior Reward Analyst is a unique blended role offering an exciting opportunity to broaden Reward expertise and enhance career development. Requiring both analytical and customer lens, areas of focus include analysis of market data for the development and implementation of the framework to ensure the competitiveness and statutory compliance of Global Pay programs, survey vendor relationships, assisting in the design and development of incentive programs and support for Reward operations/systems across all areas of Reward & Recognition globally. The incumbent will serve as a consultant to internal Rewards customers across these different activities.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Compensation & Market Analytics
- Monitors key metrics, producing and analyzing data from multiple sources to answer business needs
- Analysis of large amounts of data using statistical methods
- Research of compensation trends and compensation data
- Complete audits for data validity/governance purposes
- Provide data in support of the annual salary planning process
- Act as a key contributor to the development of Global Pay Structures
- Responsible for Salary survey participation for an assigned Region or Survey(s) and summarizing Market Data for broader review within the Rewards Function
- Contributes to the design, development, communication, training and distribution of incentive programs
- Analyzes compensation data and studies labour market trends to use in making decisions regarding future incentive practices
- Performs modelling of data to determine various outcomes and develop budgeting scenarios
- Provide recommendations for Incentive Targets/ Pay Mix to remain competitive and consistent with corp. pay philosophy
- Using HRIS and Compensation Administration systems to create reports, run queries and research issues
- Other miscellaneous pay research and analyses, as needed
Systems, Operations and Other
- Lead or support specified workstreams for annual compensation planning process
- Partners with/supports Reward and HRIS team on Workday set-up, configuration, documentation and training of system processes and changes (completes test plans for updates as needed)
- Assist in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes
- Researches additional HRIS functionality needed and creates business case to support enhancement
- Drive the design, build and production of Reward metrics/dashboards and reports in collaboration with stakeholders
- Contribute to global initiatives and projects by preparing presentations, reports and analysis
- 4+ years in a Compensation Analyst or similar Reward role
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Skilled in manipulating data and interpretation of data to make logical conclusions
- Possesses/applies broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures related to analytics, incentives comp theory
- Commercial acumen (e.g. understanding of finance/corporate planning processes)
- Experience working on an international scale and in virtual teams
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts effectively in a fast paced, challenging, dynamic and evolving global environment
- Excellent organizational skills - ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors; Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for identifying solutions
- Able to assess data/trends to assist building business cases for recommendations
- Strong focus on service excellence, working collaboratively with Rewards Teams and managers to provide consultation and resources to assist in decision making
- An open communication style, able to convey policies effectively (verbally and written)
- Ability to maintain a high degree of sensitivity and exercise discretion in regards to confidential material
- Experience working with Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP or similar enterprise HR management systems
- General knowledge of Human Resources functions or disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft business applications with advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel (must be proficient with pivot tables, V-look-ups, and other functions and formulas for data analysis and reporting)
- Contributor to team success. Ability to be flexible to new and expanding responsibilities and roles desired
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top