Senior Revenue Analyst
Date Posted: September 6, 2017
Location: 2075 Kennedy Road – Scarborough
Senior Revenue Analyst
The role is responsible for Sales and Revenue planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis in Thomson Reuters Legal and Tax & Accounting Knowledge Solutions Canada. The individual will play an important role in supporting business strategies to deliver sustainable revenue growth.
This position is responsible for:
- leading the annual revenue plan, mid-year review and monthly forecast (Early Look) by coordinating with business partners and consolidating submissions on a timely basis;
- developing sound guidelines and process leading to a smooth and condensed planning and forecasting cycle;
- reporting monthly key revenue metrics including new vs renewal sales, retention rates, book of business annual contract values, recurring subscriptions vs one time transactional sales;
- forecasting, planning and analyzing using driver based revenue model;
- monitoring actual revenue results throughout the month against forecast and plan;
- analyzing trends and providing insightful variance analysis and proactive feedback that will drive decisions leading to achievement of targets;
- supporting the business by developing and enhancing customer segments and product reporting and analysis;
- effective communication of results to business partners by providing appropriate level of information and analysis;
- developing solid relationships with all areas of the business and be an effective partner to both internal customers and Corporate FP&A team;
- simplifying and improving existing reporting and analytical tools to ensure efficient and effective monitoring of revenue performance;
- working closely with partners in Financial Operations (orders processing and billing) and providing guidance to ensure business rules and processes are in place to capture accurate revenue recognition; and
- Ad hoc revenue requests and analysis from business partners as required.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- an accounting designation, CPA, CA or CMA;
- 2 years of progressive experience in revenue planning and forecasting;
- the ability to communicate effectively with both finance and non-finance stakeholders;
- excellent financial modeling skills;
- strong technical skills with the ability to learn new applications with ease;
- a keen eye detail with exceptional organizational skills; highly motivated and proactive self-starter
- strong business acumen and analytical skills to make sound judgment and decisions;
- the ability to leverage and work cohesively with Global Service Centre to streamline reporting process;
- business partnering experience in a large matrix organization; and
- advanced skills in MS Excel, Access and PowerPoint with the ability to work effectively with data from multiple billing systems.
Working knowledge of SAP, Hyperion and Business Objects will be considered an asset.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We consider work from home arrangements for candidates with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top