Senior Quality Engineer (Media)
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This is a software development position. The successful candidate will be a part of the team building the next generation of rich media content management, delivery, and commerce platform for reuters.com. The job requires a strong computer science background, ability to work with minimal supervision, strong software development discipline, ability to learn and apply new technologies, and ability to work on a team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Write and execute test cases based on Functional requirements.
- Perform functional, regression and load testing of applications.
- Test front-end Web applications as well as back-end infrastructure
- Write and execute automated functional test scripts.
- Communicating with local and foreign stake holders and business.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or above.
- Attention to detail and a passion for testing.
- Proactive team player with the ability to work in global dynamic environments.
- Ability to work under tight schedule with high stress tolerance.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Required skills or knowledge:
- Software Development experience using language like Java, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Experience testing Web and Database applications and working knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL.
- Knowledge of Web Server, HTTP protocol, XML, Basic Networking
- Experience in test automation tools using Robot, Selenium, QTP, etc. is preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top