Senior Quality Engineer
Thomson Reuters Internet Suite (TRIS) is a suite of products and an internet solution aiming to provide market data from the infrastructure through the internet. TRIS is a group of Data Distribution Products offering Snapshot and Streaming data solutions with new technology and high performance. TRIS is a scalable system that distributes both real-time streaming, and snapshot information from a variety of data sources through TREP or directly from the sources to a large number of thin-client, internet web based applications.
The position is mainly responsible for development of software features in software development projects. He or she will be participated in the activities throughout the entire software development lifecycles, starting from requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing, to the delivery. The collaboration with regional support groups and Product managers also needed to address issues and feature enhancements.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Review requirements for completeness and testability
- Define test approach and strategies for a given piece of work
- Provide test estimates and review estimates
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases/scripts
- Execute manual or automation test cases/scripts
- Develop and maintain automation test tools and test framework
- Execute performance testing and develop/enhance performance test scripts
- Analyze and report on the results of testing
- Ensure adherence by self and more junior team members to manual or automated test processes
- Manage and maintain test systems including Installations and upgrades of software in test
- Report and track defects through to completion
- Log Interrogation and Database Manipulation to investigate issues and troubleshoot
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior members of the team
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor or MS degree in CS, Engineering or related fields
Required Skills (Must have), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience:
- Experienced in automation frameworks
- Experienced in writing automation test cases
- Experienced in scripting languages such as Python, Perl
- Familiar with Linux/Solaris shell
- Experience in a formal software development lifecycle
- At least 5 years test or development experience in well-known tech company
- Good communication, verbal and written English skill, excellent team work
Desired Skills (Nice to have in addition to the Required Skills), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience:
- Experienced in using performance test tools or design performance test tools
- Experienced in white box testing is a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top