Senior Project Manager
The role will build strong customer relationships with key individuals and teams across Elite and our clients in the US and Canada. The Senior Project Manager is accountable for definition and delivery of Matter Management and 3E projects; Matter Management is focused on clients, cases, workloads, and all related documents and reference materials while 3E is a financial ERP that also includes Records and Conflicts - both are targeted to professional services organizations, particularly law firms. This role will provide leadership throughout the project life-cycle to the project team and ensure that team members are motivated, develop their skills and experience and are effective as a team. The Sr. Project Manager is the primary client contact during implementations and is responsible for client satisfaction of same.
ESSENTIAL DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers projects within budget and agreed timeline, with quality; prepares regular status and financial reporting to the client; executes regular status meetings with the client and project team; manages day-to-day client relationship.
- Actively participates in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Champions the Elite Project Quality Methodology, based on SDLC Waterfall and PMI principles, and ensures project governance is put in place throughout all project phases
- Provides thought leadership on appropriateness of tools and processes as relates to project goals.
- Modifies personal approach and style to reflect changing circumstance.
- Plans and manages project activity to maximize commercial return for the company, ensuring a focus on minimizing lost and non-billable time.
- Ensures any needed change orders are raised and are discussed well in advance to ensure the customer's expectations are managed effectively, and that the Sales account manager is engaged.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of all internal project management reports including milestone, backlog/financial forecast, resource forecast, status and other reports, as requested.
- Ensures accuracy in relation to recording of all time related to the project, and the accurate and timely billing of this to the customer.
- Manages their own time effectively to maximize utilization and to balance demands from multiple projects.
- Meets individual contributor targets for billable hours, methodology contributions, etc. as set from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Eight - twelve years managing all phases of software implementations with teams of five to fifteen producing revenue of $500k to $3mm or more; two - three years of financial software implementation experience
- Experience across the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), Waterfall approach, preferably gained by having undertaken a multitude of project roles over their career.
- Solid knowledge, understanding and experience of financial operations (GL, AP, AR, Billing/Invoicing, Operational and Management Reptg) and client and matter management
- Strong Leadership skills, with a demonstrable background of resource management, motivating and coaching
- Client-facing consultancy experience with a blue-chip or big-five professional services organization
- Ability to work in an environment of change and uncertainty with sound judgment under pressure
- Ability to manage a high volume of work and diverse range of projects and activities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- REMOTE, work from home with travel 25 - 75%, depending on the stage of the projects under their management
- PMP or willingness to obtain PMP within one year of start date
- Law firm financial operations and client/matter management experience
- Project management of financial ERP implementations (GL, AP, AR, Billing/Invoicing)
- Previous experience as a project manager for a financial ERP software company
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America;Albuquerque-New Mexico-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Chicago-Illinois-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top