Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will define, scope, initiate and manage customer facing projects with medium to high complexity and scope. In addition, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible to implement strategic Thomson Reuters programs on behalf of our customers.
It will be expected that the Senior Project Manager be the lead interface to the client during the implementation life cycle. The Senior Project Manager will be expected to implement a broad range of projects from Desktops, Enterprise and Risk propositions.
It is expected that the Senior Project Manager have a strong Project Management foundation and adhere to core PM standardizations. Typical scope of the projects will be greater than 4-6 months, involve multiple client geographies/locations, as well as managing a large cross-functional and matrixed project team.
The Senior Project Manager is expected to display core competencies such as Project Scoping, Project Delivery, Risk & Escalation Management, and Estimating & Planning, and Reporting/Communications.
- Defines, documents and executes on multiple projects of medium/high risk, complexity and visibility, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Drafts feasibility studies, risk assessments and statements of work. May develop or assist in developing business cases for large projects with significant impact to customer/company goals. Responsible for producing all typical project documentation - detailed project plans, work plans, schedules, project estimates, conversion schedules, resource plans and status reports. Determines the appropriate project methodology to follow.
- Defines project scope and objectives. Agrees scope and constraints to enable costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to be estimated.
- Has responsibility to ensure project milestones & deliverables are demonstrably aligned to the customer's expectations and requirements mapped to an agreed schedule.
- Gains commitments from stakeholders to ensure corrective actions are taken if costs, timescales or resources deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Manages the scope & change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project stakeholders and ensure full impact of significant changes are understood by project stakeholders.
- Ensures all parties are aware of project scope and milestones. Highlights divergence from that scope, and adjusts it where necessary to reflect changing circumstances, acts a communication liaison.
- Being able to manage remote client project implementations as well as having the flexibility to manage remote virtual matrixed project team members
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Strong Project Management Principles and Foundation with a proactive approach, with the ability to manage multiple complexity of projects across multiple project solution types
- Diligent and thorough project management skills with an ability to track and report accurately
- Proven track-record of Customer Project Delivery and Implementation with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal skills and Team Player
- Strong Communicator both Verbally and Written
- Strong collaboration skills in order to work within a large and complex matrix structure
- Outstanding relationship management skills for working with various internal and customer stakeholder groups across various time zones
- Proactive Risk Mitigation and Issues Management – demonstrating problem solving and decision making
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office for presentations, documentation, and project planning
- Flexibility to travel to client locations in other geographies/cities
- Ability to see the bigger picture
Education / Certifications
- 10 years demonstrating project management excellence and customer focused implementations
- Experience working in the Financial Markets as well as a strong knowledge of the financial markets asset classes
- CAPM/PMP Certification preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top