Senior Project Manager
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Reuters News Agency
Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Requisition No: JREQ090531
There is an exciting opportunity for a business oriented Senior Project Manager at Reuters News Agency.
This is an important role within the product team and the successful candidate will help define how we do business: both with our customers around the globe, and internally. S/he will have an entrepreneurial attitude, be proactive, and have verifiable experience of planning and delivering transformation projects which impact all areas of our business.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and capable project manager with a proven track record of partnering with business sponsors to prioritise, resource, and communicate progress for complex strategic initiatives from initiation through market launch. They should have excellent interpersonal, leadership and relationship building skills and a proven history of delivering quality results on time and within budget
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects, ensuring that they are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Work with colleagues to develop project scopes and outcomes, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility, resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Develop communication that illustrate product roadmap and pipeline progress in cooperation with external stakeholders and delivery teams.
- Ensure our plans, solutions, resources and budget support realization of business benefits. Identify and actively manage / mitigate key project risks, dependencies and issues.
- Actively identify, engage and manage relationships with key global stakeholders within News Agency, the wider Thomson Reuters organization, customers, and partners.
- Coach and motivate individuals to think "we" and not "I" in order to achieve the product team's goals.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence, ability to tailor process framework and governance appropriately for each situation.
- Perform other assignments as requested by manager.
- Domestic/International travel may be required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must be capable of overseeing several large complex geographically distributed projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Strong ability to develop and roll out delivery and communication processes across matrixed, geographically distributed organizations that mix traditional and agile (Scrum) development methodologies.
- Experience simplifying and presenting complex project concepts, from project team members to senior executives, internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrating an ability to translate complex information into the right message for the right audience is key.
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Substantial and relevant program management experience.
- Experience managing large scale business projects, technology projects, and content delivery projects with a mix of internal staff and third party technical vendors and content providers.
- Experience creating complete detailed plans and summary roadmaps for complex projects.
- Demonstrated strong networks of business, sales, technology and operational stakeholders.
- Proven problem-solving skills and a solutions-driven mentality.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working at a B2B organization in the news media industry.
- Any media, broadcast, or editorial experience desirable.
- Expertise working within a variety of process models and frameworks (eg. Prince, Scrum, Six Sigma, ITIL, etc.)
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree or equivalent experience in business, international management, media, media technologies or related subjects preferred.
- PMP, CSM or equivalent certifications preferred.
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
If you believe you can bring something special to this role, we want to hear from you. You may have a non-traditional career path, education or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications for the role, let us know in a cover letter with your application. Reuters depends on diversity of thought and you could be just what we need.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top