Senior Project Manager
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with theintelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers.We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting,and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by theworld's most trusted news organization.
The Project Manager will drive large client implementationsacross Asia. The initial focus will be on desktopand content displacements plus legacy product upgrades in order to increaserevenue, market share and retention. The Project Manager will be instrumentalin ensuring that the clients have the best experience of a displacement orupgrade programme by managing the overall process from beginning to end. Part of this process will be to engage with the customer on thefeasibility of upgrading a legacy product or taking an Eikon desktop or otherofferings over a competitor product. The role will evolve to include alsonon-desktop type of implementation projects, in area such as market data feeds,post-trade, hosting and risk, either in the context of a migration programme ora one off customer initiative.
The Project Manager role falls within the Asia Pacific Customer Implementation - ProgrammeManagement Group (PMG). The team have a global mandate to implement and executeprogrammes and projects across all customers in order to drive efficientexecution, customer value, customer loyalty and Thomson Reuters revenue. Theteam work with colleagues across Go To Market, Global Growth Organization, Financial Practice Group, Customer Operations and CustomerPropositions to ensure we deliver on Thomson Reuters strategic objectives andrevenue targets through execution and implementation.
- Engage with the Account Team to identify clients anddetermine the most efficient approach to drive Displacement or Upgradeprojects.
- Engage with clients to ascertain the feasibility of movingto a Thomson Reuters Eikon desktop or other TR offerings and plan the necessaryproject or programme.
- Project delivery – Fully accountable for all aspects of aproject and manages project performance throughout execution.
- Manage content/functionality gaps and escalate them toaccountable and responsible owners in order to drive for more efficiency indisplacement and improve the lead time for Orders To Bill.
- Manage project risks and escalate to appropriateaccountable owners where required.
- Liaise with Programme Management Office to provide timelyand accurate status reporting for each project.
- Lead and drive virtual teams to implement each aspect ofthe project to ensure a successful outcome. This will be in conjunctionwith establishing a RACI model at the beginning of each project.
- Work with the Programme Management Group practice leads tocontinually improve and enhance the group's displacements methodologies andother best practices.
- Establish and maintain a good operating rhythm for eachproject that includes setting up and chairing meetings with project members asdepicted in the RACI model.
- Programme Management colleagues
- Senior Leadership Team in the Sales organization (GTM, FPG, GGO)
- Market Development Managers – Asia Pacific
- Sales Specialists
- Account Team (Account Manager, Client Specialist,Technical Relationship Manager)
- Product & Content Management
- Programme Management Office
- Business Operations
- External client senior management and decision makers
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- Stakeholder Management - Ability to discuss projectrequirements with key stakeholders both internally and at client level
- Risk Management - Actively participates in all phases ofthe project or specific phases of larger projects. Identifies, assesses andmanages risks to the success of the project
- Delivers projects within the constraints of scope, timeand cost to agreed levels of quality, within the organization's projectmanagement framework.
- Prepares and maintains project plans and tracks activitiesagainst the plan
- Implement effective communication plan and operatingrhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports.
- Manages change control gaining agreement for revisionsfrom project stakeholders.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuringmembers are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Identifiesany problems with sponsorship
Desired Skills and Experience Required:
- Background in working with financial institutions and goodunderstanding of market data
- Experience of working directly with TR clients on aregular basis
- Understanding and experience of product set within ThomsonReuters
- Have customer facing experience up to C-Level
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and any ProjectManagement tool
- Formal Project Management Certification (preferred)
- Bachelor's degree – in an IT and or business related field(preferred)
- Certification/Training in a financial markets discipline(preferred)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top