Senior Programmer Analyst - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html.
We are looking to fill a Senior Programmer Analyst position within the Beta Host development team. The developer must be able to successfully analyze, code, unit and regression test a variety of application programs in both an Online (CICS) and Batch (MVS) environment. In addition, leads are expected to exhibit strong leadership in many areas including defining/improving standards, mentoring more junior employees, and implementation / project management of critical projects.
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution
- Assists with research and development of functional specification and system design as directed
- Provides wider feedback as requested
- Researches, analyzes and resolves problems and issues with minimal supervision and escalate issues as appropriate
- Develops and implements large or complex projects and solutions
- Works on multiple projects with varying levels of complexity
- Manages own resources in accordance with project schedule
- Regularly communicates and shares knowledge with the rest of the team and department
- Participates in team and client meetings as requested
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations
- Programmer will be exposed to both Functional and Technical specifications and be able to code in current BETA programming standards
- CODING - utilize COBOL, DB2 and CICS in the current BETA environment
- TESTING - will learn to use current BETA tools including Platinum and Debug to verify project results
- DOCUMENTING - able to document programs and processes using current BETA tools including MS-Word, MSExcel, VISIO, etc.
- COMMUNICATION - able to provide status and project updates to Team Leader, Manager and PMO.
- SUPPORT - resolve abends and issues as needed on various applications.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years mainframe experience using COBOL
- Ability to lead other developers and staff on projects
- Proficient in DB2 , CICS, and Job Control Language are desired skills for this candidate
- Strong analytical and technical skills along with solid communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
- Ability to work within a structured project plan and complete tasks on time
- Shows Leadership strengths to push projects forward and seeks out solutions when needed
- Experience with TSO/JCL/DB2, Changeman, IBM DBug, Platinum, VISIO a plus.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Brookfield-Wisconsin-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top