Senior Programmer Analyst
We are looking to fill a Senior Programmer Analyst position within the Beta Host development team. The developer must be able to successfully analyze, code, unit and regression test a variety of application programs in both an Online (CICS) and Batch (MVS) environment. In addition, leads are expected to exhibit strong leadership in many areas including defining/improving standards, mentoring more junior employees, and implementation / project management of critical projects.
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution
- Assists with research and development of functional specification and system design as directed
- Provides wider feedback as requested
- Researches, analyzes and resolves problems and issues with minimal supervision and escalate issues as appropriate
- Develops and implements large or complex projects and solutions
- Works on multiple projects with varying levels of complexity
- Manages own resources in accordance with project schedule
- Regularly communicates and shares knowledge with the rest of the team and department
- Participates in team and client meetings as requested
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations
- Programmer will be exposed to both Functional and Technical specifications and be able to code in current BETA programming standards
- CODING - utilize COBOL, DB2 and CICS in the current BETA environment
- TESTING - will learn to use current BETA tools including Platinum and Debug to verify project results
- DOCUMENTING - able to document programs and processes using current BETA tools including MS-Word, MSExcel, VISIO, etc.
- COMMUNICATION - able to provide status and project updates to Team Leader, Manager and PMO.
- SUPPORT - resolve abends and issues as needed on various applications.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years mainframe experience using COBOL
- Ability to lead other developers and staff on projects
- Proficient in DB2 , CICS, and Job Control Language are desired skills for this candidate
- Strong analytical and technical skills along with solid communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
- Ability to work within a structured project plan and complete tasks on time
- Shows Leadership strengths to push projects forward and seeks out solutions when needed
- Experience with TSO/JCL/DB2, Changeman, IBM DBug, Platinum, VISIO a plus.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Brookfield-Wisconsin-United States of America
Back to top