Senior Product Specialist
As a Senior Product Specialist at Thomson Reuters, the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, you thoroughly understand our clients' and prospective clients' quantitative or quantamental requirements from data to workflow needs and can determine, articulate, construct, and demonstrate the best solution set for the customer and for your set of dedicated accounts. You are a platform and content expert who utilizes strong technical skills to build complex data calculations and workflows tailored to the customer's requirements. Your strong communication skills enable you to convey the benefits, insights, functionality and usability of our solutions. Your deep product knowledge and analysis skills will lead to your significant contribution to growing our proposition internally and externally.
- Provide direct specialized customer service support to analysts, researchers, and quants at the world's largest and most prominent investment firms, banks and hedge funds
- Assist clients in understanding, extracting and correctly using Thomson Reuters and third party data from a centralized SQL or Oracle database for their back-testing models
- Troubleshoot, research, code scripts, and answer client inquiries on content and database functionality. Work with internal and external parties, including vendors, content specialists, developers and product managers, through to resolution.
- Build and foster relationships with existing clients through training, client meetings, implementation support, case management, and timely assistance in their financial research project and model development needs.
- Improve the customer experience by advocating for and testing new product features and promoting increased product usage into the client's workflow.
- Meet with Sales and prospective customers, gather product and integration requirements, demonstrate various aspects of the platform, and assist in the onboarding of new business.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science from a top university in Engineering/Computer Science, Finance, or Mathematics
- Knowledge of, and experience with, analytical tools and databases
- Demonstrate knowledge of databases and Microsoft SQL coding experience
- Experience with equity market and data content with good understanding of general financial markets
- Experience in quantitative analytics / equity research / equity or credit risk or financial modeling
- Familiarity with statistics and working knowledge with the econometrical packages like SPSS / Minitab / Stata / SAS / Matlab / R
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel via phone, face-to-face, and in writing
- Ability to give effective presentations and provide ad hoc answers
- Curious mindset with excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to travel (< 5%)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top