Senior Product Manager
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Senior Product Manager
Risk is a fast-growing Thomson Reuters Segment, this is a very exciting opportunity to join a business in an innovative and rapidly evolving industry. It focuses on connecting our customers' business to the ever-changing regulatory and risk environment.
Product or Service:
Thomson Reuters Third Party Risk Management is a new product which is planned for launch summer of 2018. This is an exciting opportunity to work across the full breadth of content sources within Thomson Reuters and deliver a unique product to meet the needs of corporate customers who need a vendor risk management tool.
The role of the Senior Product Manager is a senior position that blends technical expertise, market knowledge and product management skills. The Senior Product Manager will be focused on helping the third party risk business within Thomson Reuters innovate and deliver against the needs of our customers. This is a pivotal role between proposition management and enterprise technology, he/she will direct and influence cross-functional teams in order to ensure the dependencies for the porposition, product or service delivery are met.
In this role the Senior Product Manager will lead the end-to-end development of a new product feature within the third party risk proposition around and will own the product / road map features and all aspects of definition and planning through production, release, and end of lifecycle.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Ownership of the third party risk API, reporting into the head of product management for third party risk.
- Define the key deliverables working closely with proposition and enterprise technology & operations. Working in an agile environment to bring product feature successfully to market.
- Defining and managing the requirements for features through detailed functional specifications.
- Working closely with other third party risk product managers to make sure the workflow feature is fully integrated and aligned with the overall third party risk product vision.
- Engage with development teams and quality assurance in technology via regular meetings to agree and plan the delivery schedule, clarify all requirements gaps and help resolve any major obstacles in the development cycle.
- Partner with customers and internal stakeholders to validate requirements and priorities.
- Be able to lead cross-functional meetings in order to ensure on-time, in-scope delivery.
- Provide ongoing communication on product road map and release plans both internally and externally.
- Creation of wire-frames / mockups of prototypes.
- Follow Thomson Reuters best practices around product life cycle management
- Perform hands on work to assist other team members e.g.; collaborating with proposition preparing user guides, training materials to support end users.
- Solve client problems by assisting with queries and calls escalated beyond initial levels of client support.
- Manager: André Chanavat
- Product Manager: Pavi Rajamurugan
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience of software product management.
- Demonstrated ability to meet business and customer needs by defining product requirements and executing against those to deliver software to market.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) business experience.
- Experience working with Agile / Scrum software.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to meeting market needs through new concepts.
- Must possess strong networking and leadership skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; excellent time management; and proven ability to work independently and in a virtual team environment.
- Candidates should possess excellent business writing, verbal communication and presentation skills at all levels of an organization.
- Should be a self-motivated 'go-getter' and conversationalist, with the confidence to regularly interact with new clients/stakeholders – whether in person or over the phone.
- Comfortable speaking authoritatively on subject matter, whilst interacting with, listening to, and gathering actionable feedback from individuals, whether within the company or meeting directly with external clients/prospects.
- Ability to understand, translate and simplify complex, detailed information into easy to understand, marketing/sales-centric material and presentations.
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability (with extreme attention to detail and ability to edit for grammar, etc.)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills for negotiations with key stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and manage 3rd party relationships including suppliers and collaboration partnerships.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Third Party Risk management software.
- Experience in Risk management concepts.
- Experience of company compliance/sourcing specialist roles.
- Experience of workflow / survey tools.
- Degree level qualification or MBA preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top