Reuters TV (RTV)
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters isthe world's largest international multimedia news provider, reaching more thanone billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locationsaround the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coveragein 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals viaThomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations and directly toconsumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of theThomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedomfrom bias.
The Reuters News Agency licenses Reuters' news and servicesto the news industry. Our customers are broadcasters, print and digitalpublishers, corporations and governments. Reuters News Agency provides itsclients with multi-media news solutions to reach their audiences. Our productsinclude video & text feeds, pictures & graphics, packaged content andsyndication services which reach billions ofconsumers around the world.
The Asia Senior Producer must have a demonstrated ability to set the newsagenda, assigning and coordinating coverage, writingand editing scripts and ensuring quality control. The position requiresexcellent news judgment, the ability to handle several stories simultaneouslyand the skills to manage a small team of producer/editors and technical staff. Thecandidate must have a proven capacity for communicating effectively across alarge editorial organization. Editing and technical skills are necessary. Theposition also requires flexibility on shift patterns and potentially weekendwork. The Asia Senior Producer is based in Hong Kong butwill also work in close cooperation with senior Reuters colleagues across Asiaand in New York and London.
- Coordinate a team of multimedia producers to prepare news packages for a24-hour digital service
- Determine the editorialagenda, plan and respond effectively to major breaking news events
- Collaborate with videoagency and print colleagues to draw on Reuters' vast global resources
- Work quickly, efficiently and accurately, while maintaining Reuters'editorial standards
- Promote innovation, drivechange and align team workflow to changing business needs
- Work in a hands-on butstrategic manner, driving best practice and consistency
Essential Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent news judgmentand knowledge particularly of Asia
- Significantexperience of working in an international newsroom
- Solid knowledge of multimedia and video production
- Flawless,creative writer with formidable attention to detail
- Experience ofcoordinating a team in a broadcast and/or digital video production environment
- Proactive,team-oriented with well-developed interpersonal skills and self-awareness
- Ability to work underpressure and flexibly to juggle competing demands
- Bachelor's degree orequivalent professional experience
- Previous experienceof newsroom IT systems and using a CMS
- Knowledge of foreignlanguages
- Understanding andexperience of online and social media tools
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top