Senior Platform Security Engineer
We are the leading source of intelligent information for theworld's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitiveadvantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence,industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers withthe knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliverthis must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting,and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is looking for a few highly skilled cyber securityspecialists to help staff a new location in the central business district ofdowntown Richmond. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cybersecurity disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture ofThomson Reuters – including its assets, data and operations. Be part of anexciting, fast-paced environment that will help Thomson Reuters strengthen itsposition as the trusted "Answer Company" in the market.
The role is within Platform Security Strategy & Operationsteam of our Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) group. The PSSO team isresponsible for the design, engineering and 3rd level support of ThomsonReuters' platform security infrastructure and tools. You will have theopportunity to learn - and provide skilled technical support - for our currentplatform security toolset as well as engagement in the design, testing anddelivery of our future security services within the technical operationsenvironment.
- Consulting with our internal partners to define and apply security services that meet their needs.
- Design and engineering of endpoint protection tools such as: Trend anti-virus, McAfee anti-virus. Data Loss Prevention (DLP). Deep Security Manager and encryption tools, e.g. Vormetric and Symantec FDE.
- Operational 3rd line support, e.g. Responding to raised alerts, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Liaising with vendor partners to engineer solutions to meet TR requirements.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with the other IT disciplines inside the larger organization, including network engineering, storage engineering, systems management engineering, and platform engineering to provide consultancy for security-related issues.
- Design and engineer future security products/solutions as defined by ISRM requirements.
- Lead strategic design and implementation of solutions
- Life-cycle management of security tools.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience managing/supporting at least 2 of the above tools within an enterprise environment.
- Systems administration experience in Windows Server and/or Linux.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure is an advantage.
- Good understanding of basic TCP/IP principles and current LAN technology including use of system based Network Capture utilities.
- Excellent customer service and communication (oral / written) skills required.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Storage technologies, Monitoring tools, and Microsoft SQL.
- Scripting experience (vbscript, powershell, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with virtualization platforms a plus ( VMware, Hyper V)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top