Senior News Quality Analyst, Sourcing
YOU AND YOUR TEAM:
You will join the team of 5 colleagues based in Gdynia and Bangalore (India). Your major responsibility will be to measure and improve the quality of financial news content tagging as available in Thomson Reuters' products. You will focus on company and topic categorization and support news mapping from third party codes to Thomson Reuters taxonomy.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT?
News Discovery Optimization Team focuses on financial news content quality auditing and improvements which add significant value to our flagship product, Thomson Reuters Eikon. Our customers, mostly international banks and asset managers, take advantage of this expertise to take their business decisions every day.
SOME OF THE DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Creating topic tagging algorithms using dedicated software.
- Creating keyword strings concerning a given topic, assessing the topic's relevance, provide suggestions for automated tagging
- Fixing company tagging issues – create data sets based on company's aliases and provide suggestions for machine learning algorithms
- Providing analysis-driven feedback on problematic tagging trends and recommending improvements to the process/workflow
- Working with the team on tagging 'grey areas' and solving complex cases to establish best practices and provide the most effective solutions
- Dealing with any ad-hoc requests and sideline projects related to news tagging, such as ad-hoc quality evaluations, testing new technologies, taxonomy analysis and mapping, etc.
- Supervising team and helping them in their day-to-day tasks
- Preparing for weekly team meetings and providing update
- Training new members in the team
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Fluent English (spoken & written)
- High accuracy, attention to detail
- Ability to stay focused while performing repeatable tasks
- Analytical mindset, research and problem-solving abilities
- Good organizational skills in order to meet deadlines
- Self motivation, energy and drive
- Collaboration skills allowing work both as part of a team and independently
- Interpersonal skills in order to work in an international environment
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel in particular)
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITVE IF:
- You have a degree in Economics/Finance/Journalism
- You have work experience in Data Analysis/Research
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top