Senior Network Designer
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Senior Network Designer
Requisition No: JREQ084414
The Senior Network Designer will be responsible for collecting business requirements and converting those requirements into technical network requirements and network design specifications as well as develop new network capabilities and standards when required. The Network Designer will have a strong ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and anticipate end to end network infrastructure needs.
The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of the PDIOO lifecycle of planning, design, implementation operation and optimization and be able to effectively participate in cross-functional meetings, clearly articulate network infrastructure capabilities and translate business requirements into technical requirements and ultimately network designs.
The candidate will document network designs and support the implementation of LAN/WAN network infrastructures.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Responsible for collecting and interpret business requirement and converting those requirements into tangible High Level generic LAN/WAN network designs.
- Follow the full life-cycle of related networking infrastructure projects providing oversight from high level design and development and testing through to detailed design.
- Participate in cross-functional requirements gathering sessions, lead and participate in technical working groups to document requirements and present them back to stakeholders.
- Lead the development cycle to ratify standards and to produce to capabilities, network functions and configuration templates.
- Maintain both a base network topology for the lab and support lab designs for solution and architecture engineering teams.
- Convert business requirements into technical requirements and develop technical network solutions to meet those requirements.
Collaboration and close working relationship with technical Design Authority, Architecture, Proposition Managers, Engineering, Network Owners , Operations and Programme Office. External relationships involve close working relationship and collaboration with key TR partners, vendors, service providers and management consultants.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Strong hands on experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco hardware, Juniper Hardware and JUNIOS software, Accedian Network Interface Nodes, Ixia test generator, IP Routing and Switching. Additionally, the candidate will have MPLS experience, working knowledge of IP Firewalls, IP Load balancers and IP Multicast
- Strong working knowledge and experience with: TCP/IP, Cisco IOS, Juniper JUNIOS, LAN/WAN, Service Provider/Extranet networks, Ethernet switching, BGP, EIGRP, SNMP, VPN, MPLS, Traffic Engineering, Network Service Orchestration and IPSEC
- Excellent written and presentation skills, evident customer service bias and strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and outstanding problem solving ability
- Task and results oriented, manage multiple streams of competing work concurrently and maintain a focus on results while thinking like a customer
- Experience with developing standards and network testing, software and hardware certification and qualification, writing test plans and producing network test reports.
- Experience as a network design engineer with hands-on Cisco IP Routing/Switching design and implementation in a service provider environment.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Financial Services Industry Experience
- Carrier and or IP Service Provider Experience
- Real-time and low latency market data experience
- Network Service Orchestration
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top