Senior Marketing Manager, Commodities - 10 months Fixed Term Contract
Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager, Commodities - 10 months Fixed Term Contract
Application Start Date: 14/08/2017
Application End Date: 11/09/2017
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Company: Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is a truly unique business. We are a global enterprise and leading provider of news, information services and technology. Here, your work matters and has the potential to change the world. Every day, Thomson Reuters news, information, technology, and expertise help make great things happen.
We are proud to have been recognized globally as a leading employer based on our commitment to diversity, focus on company culture, work life balance and for acts to promote socio-economic progress worldwide through the Thomson Reuters foundation.
This role will play a key role in delivering the global marketing strategy and marketing execution for our Commodities solutions and services. This will be a 10 month fixed term contract.
This is a dynamic, exciting and innovative role. This role will suit an informed commodities marketer who wants to take their career to the next level. If you want to push the boundaries with commodities marketing and work alongside and award winning marketing team.
The Senior Commodities Marketing Manager will play a critical role in the entire marketing workflow from implementing strategy through to execution and measurement.
Every day will offer variety and challenge as you will have responsibility for the creation and reporting of lead generation campaigns , driving revenue via usage and data consumption, promoting our brand through thought leadership and engaging directly with the Commodities Leadership Team.
There is also a strong possibility, subject to performance, that we may wish to extend your contract or take you on as a full time employee. We do also offer a 10% additional bonus incentive for completion of the fixed term and meeting related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
So What Is This Amazing Job?
This role has responsibility for delivering marketing and communication activity which supports driving revenue through new sales and retention activity, and developing the Thomson Reuters brand. You will work with stakeholders and peers across marketing, sales channels, product management, and partners to enable success:
- Develop and enhance core product messaging and brand
- Develop market intelligence programs based on understanding and awareness of local markets, researching and monitoring market trends, customer needs/ behaviour and marketing best practice and identifying potential areas in which to invest marketing budget and where we need to position/ promote our services
- Project manage and implement the launch of programs and campaigns to external customers and partners to increase brand awareness, relevant differentiation, value, accessibility and connection
- Execute on marketing plan objectives and KPIs and implement campaigns/ programs per quarter to increase acquisition and retention
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing or Business (or equivalent) to demonstrate a high level of knowledge in marketing and/or business practice
- Extensive marketing experience for an understanding of principles, in business-to-business environments
- Experience in the marketing of commodities data, research or related desktop feeds and services is essential, this is a senior commodities marketing role
- Experienced in working in a matrix organisation with demonstrated ability to work with key stakeholders, don't worry we will actively help you navigate the firm
- Ability to lead a small team, one or two additional junior contractors
- Strategic marketing planning skills and experience with budgets to developing integrated market/channel strategies for achieving targets within budgetary constraints
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence
As an employer we strive to provide every employee, contracting or full time with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
Why Else Should You Consider Thomson Reuters?
We are passionate about work life balance and this extends to all contractors who work for us, just like our full time employees we offer you:
- Flexi working time, you can work for a minimum of one day a week from home or from a remote location, up to a maximum of two days a week depending on your work schedule
- Subject to agreement with your line manager, you can tailor your working hours to avoid the rush hour commute, come in and out at a time that suits you, providing core activities and meetings take place
- You can avail of discounted or free gym membership in the UK, our on boarding agency will confirm the details to you
- You can also opt in to our health care and dental plans and services, to avail of some excellent schemes, please note 'Benefit In Kind' is applicable to these services
- You may also take part in our paid volunteering programs, where we donate up to two of days of your working salary to a charity, in addition to your two day volunteering commitment
- We will also commit to investing in your career development and talent management, offer you a range of B2B Marketing courses and credits that you may use to maintain your knowledge base and skills
- You will as a contractor be provided with a new certified laptop and if approved a smart phone for company calls.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top