Senior Manager/Manager, Professional Services (IDT)
Business Unit: Tax and Accounting
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and the government. Headquartered in Toronto, Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting division has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney and Toronto.
Position Title: Sr. Manager - Professional Services (Corporates)
Location: The role is primarily based in London but with some travel, mostly within the UK/EMEA region.
Requisition No: JREQ108172
The market leading ONESOURCE suite of products helps multinational corporations comply with ever-changing tax compliance and accounting requirements in a range of countries. ONESOURCE is used by more than 400 large multi-national corporations.
The role will require the successful candidate to manage professional services engagements to implement the ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination software. The role requires a good working knowledge of Indirect Tax Determination and would suit an individual with experience of working on tax determination engines and / with understandings of ERP requirements.
ONESOURCE is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax Determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea)
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Manage professional services engagements to implement and integrate ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination, through the phases of project planning, solution design, build, test and rollout. Provide post go-live support as necessary.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers. Liaise internally with product, content and sales teams as required as well as external implementation partners.
- Ensure operational requirements, standards and best practices are factored into plans. Contribute to ongoing refinement and development of operational requirements and standards.
- Monitor project budgets and client billing.
- Manage a small team of professional services consultants, allocating resources, prioritising tasks, delegating, and managing performance appraisal/development.
- Assess implementation processes for improvements and efficiencies across the project management phases, drawing from personal experience, market trends and emerging technologies to deliver an enhanced customer experience
- Maintain and develop strong interpersonal and outward leadership skills including the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization (Sales, PreSales, Product Management, Development and Customer Support)
- Creating and building relationships with external partners (Global System Integrators, BIG 4) and various levels of customers (Executive, IT, Tax, Supply Chain, etc.)
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Proven experience in enterprise software implementations, project life cycles and software implementation methodologies.
- Proven experience in software implementation projects involving Indirect Tax, Global Trade, ERP systems, Supply Chain Management and Logistics.
- Project management and team lead working for consulting or professional services organizations ie. Systems Integrators, "Big-4"
- Independently coaches, mentors, and motivates project teams to influence a positive, accountable, and collaborative approach
- Effectively communicates project expectations to all team members and stakeholders including business representatives, partners, customers, and consultants
- Knowledge of specific countries' international tax (VAT) requirements and regulations preferred.
- SAP certification and experience, particularly ABAP, FICO, SD & MM experience
- Experience of implementing ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination or a similar product
- End to end process flow knowledge of SAP Ariba for Purchase Requisition through Invoice Reconciliation with a strong understanding of the indirect tax impacts.
- Knowledge of the integration points between SAP Ariba's API and ONESOURCE Indirect Software Suite
- Candidate must be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Project management (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2) desired, but not essential
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top