Senior Manager, Sourcing (Technology)
To source enterprise software including software as a service and Cloud services in support of global goals. Must be able to construct and deliver sourcing strategies and solutions via project activity and category plans in order to support the Thomson Reuters business objectives. Results are expected to deliver optimal cost and value benefits to the company. Will be responsible for managing key assigned suppliers including competitive market research, RFX opportunity identification and contract negotiations.
Must be able to build relationships, influence, and win support from senior internal and external executives and key stakeholders within the company.
Must have a clear understanding of stakeholder needs and technical aspects of the sourcing function and related policies in order to organize, develop and manage projects efficiently to deliver products and services to internal clients.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Work as a team leader or team member in the deal requirements process, including Request for Proposal (RFP) process, researching stakeholder requirements, documenting RFP, and coordinating all surrounding activities
- Ensure best practices are followed in the acquisition of goods or services by recommending appropriate suppliers, costs, and processes
- Implementing best practices and continuous improvement related to strategic sourcing methodologies and processes and contract management
- Evaluate and analyze supplier proposals
- Review, redline, and negotiate contracts.
- Possess knowledge of software and hardware contracts and contract terminology in order to mitigate risks
- Negotiate commercial terms in order to obtain savings
- Lead or participate in project teams, working with stakeholders, and sourcing management
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships.
- Develop and execute supplier continuous improvement plans and innovation events
- Create category plans and supplier profiles
- Hold suppliers accountable to deliver regular quarterly business reviews
- Work with and across stakeholder groups to define needs and aggregate wherever possible
- Act as liaison between the stakeholder and the supplier to determine optimal approach to meeting validated business requirements
- Provide feedback to stakeholders and management regarding status of projects and initiatives
- Provide education and guidance to stakeholders regarding value of adopting and complying with purchasing policies, procedures, tools, and processes
- Build strong stakeholder relationships in order to become an integral sourcing partner to help meet their business requirements
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of software, both on premise and SaaS, and licensing contract terminology
- Advanced knowledge of cloud providers such as Azure & Amazon as well as cloud based services; IaaS, PaaS
- Experience negotiating with SAP & Microsoft
- Knowledge of software asset management principles
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of sourcing & procurement principles
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong skill in use of Microsoft Office products
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Five to eight years of strategic sourcing experience including but not limited to category level responsibilities in software and other IT categories.
JD highly preferred
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top