Senior Manager, Software Quality Assurance
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Candidate will direct the activities of the Indirect Tax software quality assurance function; develop quality standards for company products and oversee the development and execution of software test plans, automation strategy, and analysis of test results; selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
We are seeking an experienced senior manager who is passionate about technology, quality, customer satisfaction, process and people development. We are looking for people who want to work with up-to-date tool sets and modern methodologies, with a heavy emphasis and value on testing. We design and build our own test tools as well as use state of the art commercial technology, which has helped us to achieve unparalleled customer satisfaction over the years.
The senior manager will lead a team of managers and dynamic quality assurance engineers in multiple world-wide locations dedicated to delivering quality for a new generation of on-demand solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses. This is built using the most modern technologies and development methodologies and providing an unparalleled level of agility, ease-of-use, and integration capability. This position requires a self-motivated professional with hands-on functional Finance and Accounting and QA testing experience, as well as proven management experience.
- Lead QA managers and Engineers to develop and execute test plans for Indirect Tax product capabilities
- Set priorities for team and assign resources
- Provide regular status against team's test plans
- Contribute to process improvement and establishing best practices for testing
- Interact effectively with other teams, including Product Management, Development and Customer Support
- Actively participate in talent acquisition, on-boarding and manager performance
- Mentor team members and assist with career growth and personal development
- 5 years managing managers and/or teams, preferably in quality assurance
- 5 years high volume, high availability transaction-based technology experience preferred
- Strong knowledge tax and finance a plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies and the software development life cycle
- Experience developing and testing for cloud native applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building cross-functional relationships
- Ability to manage large and strong technology team in an Agile environment
- Experiencing in strong collaborative environments across geographic boundaries
- Experience building and growing teams and culture in a fast-paced environment
- Customer and quality focused
- A college degree in Business Admin, Accounting/Finance, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Attitude and aptitude to be successful in a growing company
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top