Senior Manager, Product Marketing, Agency
Reuters Marketing team is growing! We are seeking a Senior Manager, Product Marketing for the Reuters News Agency organization with exceptional communication skills and a passion for marketing to join our team. Reuters is the world's largest multimedia news provider, reaching billions of people every day.
The Senior Manager, Product Marketing, News Agency serves as a voice of the customer in a nexus role connecting product, sales, editorial, marketing, finance and demand generation. This role is responsible for a range of areas including:
- An individual contributor responsible for the planning and execution of marketing activities supporting the objectives developed in global strategic marketing plans for the Reuters News Agency product
- This role reports to the Product Marketing Director, Reuters who leads the product marketing activities across the Reuters News Agency & Consumer portfolios
- Partner closely with Product to assess customer needs, analyze market trends and monitor competitive activity as we bring new offerings to market
- Work collaboratively with marketing teams to support customer specific marketing plans and campaigns, collaborating closely with demand generation and field marketing
- Provides specialized expertise on News Agency product to assist with the impact and efficiency of the company's marketing plans in order to meet business needs, drive business results and build brand equity
- Drives the implementation of cohesive strategic product marketing strategies for the Reuters News Agency products and services, which feed into product marketing plans and messaging
- Partners collaboratively with business leadership and Product to ensure product performance goals are attained; provides input and influences decisions on product investments and long-term strategy
- Demonstrates marketing expertise to provide marketing guidance on business decisions
- Regularly updates senior leadership on key milestones and performance metrics and brings forward investment requests for strategic initiatives as needed
- Ensures deliverables demonstrate value and a return on investment, meet our customer's strategic requirements and Thomson Reuters quality standards, including brand guidelines Identifies and drives actions to maximize product success
- Accountable for the effectiveness of budget spend per activity, and an understanding of the financial impact of all campaign activity
- Work with Product team to create and deliver value proposition and Go-to Market Strategy for Reuters News Agency portfolio of products
- Product Messaging & Positioning: Develop the "story" as well as the positioning and messaging for this solution. Create core messaging documents to drive consistency in marketing program execution and review deliverables to assets that are on message.
- Market Requirements: Partnering with Product, identify and champion customer/market requirements within the product roadmap planning process
- Champion the voice of the consumer in product teams. Utilizing primary and syndicated research, as well as behavioral insights, communicate and influence product strategy and messaging. Devise a methodology for product and feature positioning, including presentation and voice. Create a data-driven channel strategy for product launches and work to establish and monitor KPIs.
Skills & Experience:
- 5-7 years of professional marketing or business development experience in the Media/Publishing or Content distribution industry
- Undergraduate degree required or equivalent experience
- Must possess excellent marketing communication skills and have a high degree of customer orientation
- Ability to bring innovation and freshness to our marketing execution
- Highly collaborative individual with proven ability to work well in a matrix organization and effectively manage across boundaries
- Significant Marketing domain knowledge with a good understanding of the Reuters business
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in a B2B & B2C Marketing organization
- Understanding of subscription models (i.e. licensing, SAAS)
- Content Market place experience a plus
- Experience in value proposition development, product positioning, competitive monitoring and product launch process for a new or established product
- Deep understanding of how product marketing fits into the overall marketing framework and narrative
- Proven ability to manage the development and implementation of multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Back to top