Senior Manager, Creative
- New York, NY
Reuters Marketing team is growing! We are seeking a Creative Director with exceptional communication skills and a passion for marketing to join our team. Reuters is the world's largest multimedia news provider, reaching billions of people every day.
The Senior Manager, Creative is responsible for leading all aspects of design for the Marketing Team. The successful candidate will quickly process Reuters strategic direction and then conceptualize and develop engaging design solutions. They will be well-versed in the latest design trends and digital experiences across a variety of media and will translate our brand promise visually while guiding the customer experience. The Senior Manager, Creative will assist all disciplines in strategically translating the direction of businesses, brands, services and products into creative solutions.
Key areas of responsibility include: Oversees the development of Reuters visual language by combining strategy, interactive and brand design, creative content and technology
- Brings thought leadership and expertise to create world-class design initiatives
- Plays a critical role in the Marketing leadership team
- Leads the creative and design process to produce high level, impactful visual designs
- Practices brand stewardship to ensure that creative deliverables are representative of project goals and brand values
- Stays current with the design industry and competitive landscape
- Overall responsibilities will require strong leadership and critical thinking skills, expert understanding of design principles, meticulous attention to detail, a patient disposition, and a strong background launching projects that translate business objectives
- Defines and leads overall team strategies
- Partners to create company or product marketing strategies
- Leads and manages the day-to-day activities of team performance
- Responsible for day-to-day management of one or more global team
- Accountable for immediate response to problems and sets expectations and time-frame for resolution with customers or groups managing clients
- Accountable for planning work assigned to their team, including work breakdown, accurate estimate and identification of possible solution options
- Determines if recommended projects should be implemented as a viable/appropriate business solution based on available resources
- Provides timely status updates of team responsibilities within projects potentially including senior leaders, initiating escalation when necessary
- Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines and strategies in various creative marketing projects and oversee them to completion
- Lead and engage team of design associates to achieve goals and do their best work
- Contribute to the team and serve as creative strategy lead in the areas of advertising brand experience and communication design
- Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, providing feedback to the team
- Guide and partner with internal teams (and external agencies as needed) in the development of creative briefs, pitches and presentations and will be responsible for ensuring that the brand is being properly protected and represented
- Define, approve and enforce the best creative practices (i.e. design and writing) and standards to achieve the set vision and strategy
- Protect integrity of brand image through communication and design and strong collaboration with other functions within the Marketing team
- Stay abreast of current and emerging brand communication, promotional media and design trends, best practices, and technologies
- Create a world-class visual language that differentiates Reuters
- Create a design framework to enable consistency across the organization
Skills & Experience:
- 7-10 years' experience in design across print communications, brand & identity, web experiences, interactive web applications, and product interface design
- BFA in Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to lead people
- Excellent ability to focus on customer needs
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal associates, including management and external customers
- General knowledge of marketing strategies and basic analytical skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) required
- Experience with graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite), media production, and HTML knowledge
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written), especially translating strategic and business goals into visual deliverables
- Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to hold a strong design vision while remaining collaborative and open to new ideas
- Demonstrated ability to create work that grows and changes over time to meet new needs, customer segments and growth
- Experience managing and collaborating with external agencies, and working with suppliers and freelancers
- Team player that enjoys collaboration
- Respect for culture and heritage
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Back to top