Senior Manager Business Analysis
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
We are looking for a Manager of Business Analysis, with a strong background in Agile/Lean product development, to help power our growth efforts in the Tax & Accounting Trust Tax solutions business. The Manager of Business Analysis will manage a team of Business Analysts focusing on our Trust Tax product line, while working with our stakeholders and helping to drive our adoption of Agile/Lean product development practices.
Role Purpose/ Summary
- Leads and manages a team of Business Systems Analysts and acts as a liaison between the development group and the business stakeholders
- Responsible for the day-to-day aspects of the team including planning/scheduling, reviews, hiring, process management, and task delivery
- Responsible for the shaping and evolution of the Business Systems Analyst team, with a large focus on organizational management and the evolution of our Agile practices and mindset
- Additionally, responsible for communication and expectation management, both across internal development groups as well as to business stakeholders
- As needed, will also serve as a hands-on Business Analyst as part of a delivery team in order to assure the success of critical projects
- Drives improvements related to our Agile practices and development processes within the technology and business organizations
- Serves as liaison between development across SBUs for process and business improvement and process and system integration
- Participates in short- and long-term planning sessions with stakeholders to improve a business process within an assigned business area of responsibility
- Establishes and monitors metrics to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and measure delivery effectiveness
- Defines performance requirements and helps formulate Key Performance Indicators for a project
- Accountable for effective change management within projects, and ensuring that changes to deliverables are effectively managed and communicated
- Develops relationships with stakeholders by being proactive, displays a thorough understanding of their business, and provides innovative business solutions
- Develops expertise and understanding of multiple Thomson Reuters technologies, products, and services
Scope & Impact
- Manages the coordination of the activities of the team with responsibility for results, methods and staffing
- Provides leadership to team and coaches/mentors more junior BAs
- Manages project teams of all complexity and scope
- Responsible for coordinating work of development teams, business and others and accountable for the work delivered
- Uses skills and knowledge of employees and understanding of team dynamic to maximize team effectiveness
- Manages review of quality of work and establishes deadlines and standards
- Continuously evolves development process for greater quality efficiency
- Has responsibility for assigning work, allocating resources, monitoring results, controlling costs and managing performance
Technical/Professional Skills & Competencies
- Has an understanding of principles of usability and helps ensure products are fit for purpose
- Understanding of User Experience principles and ability to apply UX expertise and practices when working with business stakeholders
- Understands the development organization and other specialized areas such as Product Management and Data and future direction of the business for an assigned client area
- Understands the effects of technology used within Development, and the impact on the business client and ability to anticipate and mitigate issues
- Ability and passion to drive organizational culture and manage change, and to continually learn and adapt our Agile practices
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead a department
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence and inspire at the department level
- Strong business acumen
- Capable of assessing talent and identifying developmental opportunities, with strong performance management skills.
- Development leads, Product Owners/Managers, Project Managers/Scrum Masters, Architects, User Experience leads
- May include external clients and Business users
- Establishes relationships with (internal or external) clients by being proactive and displaying knowledge of their business processes
- Deep experience working as a Business Analysis or Product Owner in an Agile development environment, Product Owner or other Scrum certification desirable
- Requires in-depth knowledge of business operations, requirements processing, business modeling concepts, information systems, software development life cycle, business process development and leadership skills and stakeholder management.
- Previous supervisory experience desired
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top