Senior Manager - Authentication, Autorization, Administration (AAA)
Thomson Reuters is the Answer Company™. We provide authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization
- This role is based in Toronto and reports into the Director - Eikon desktop framework development
- Purpose is to provide technical guidance and manage App Studio team day to day developments (products interactions, designs and developments, delivery and quality)
- Eikon App Studio is the framework used by 3rd Party companies to develop Web Applications in Eikon. In addition to APIs, It includes listing 3rd Party Apps, Trial and buy workflows, Billing. AppStudio backend is implemented on top of Eikon library backend, and as such the App Studio team co-owned Eikon library backend enhancements and deliveries. The team is owning the full stack: from HTML client side, to WebServices and database
- Eikon Library is used daily by 100 000 traders, App Studio are currently supporting a growing number of 28 3rdParty Apps
Responsibilities Include but aren't limited to:
- Interact with business/product to get and clarify requirements
- Estimates and plan according priorities and business allocation
- Provide technical leadership to the team, Ensure design and architecture are aligned with the global strategy
- Develop and Deliver in agile way features, and infrastructures changes
- Ensure good practices such as automated unit tests, integrations tests
- Own and being accountable for quality of deliveries
- Partner with DevOps to ensure reliability, scalability and good monitoring of the Eikon Library infrastructure. Ensure no service interruptions.
- Collaborate with other Eikon development Manager to deliver Eikon workflows that sometimes span across the full framework team.
- Interact with peers to avoid any work duplication, ensure teams are aligned and going in the same direction, help them deliver their own requirement when they need feature changes in Eikon Library.
- Help the overall Eikon team to move to lightweight desktop framework based on Electron.
- Communicate to the team Business and technical strategy, relay company information.
- Reports to development director the current progress, architecture and designs decisions, roadblocks and dependencies.
- Help team members to grow in technical skills, development practices, business understanding
- Participate in recruitment activities
- Developed and managed Full stack systems involving client side code, web services and database
- Maintenance of widely used Applications and WebServices
- Have already designed or refactored complex architecture involving several teams
- International experiences appreciated
- 5 years in technical leadership or team leading
- Candidate will be competent in the following areas:
- Strong knowledge in WebServices written in C#
- Strong knowledge in SQL database (Oracle). Also knowledge in noSQL DB (mangodB) is a plus
- C /WPF knowledge is welcomed to debug and maintains some existing systems
- Good focus on systems performances, and able to investigate performances issues
- Automation, Unit Tests, Integration tests, agile practices
Minimum Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science
- Good communication skills, ability to work remotely with product business (New York, London), with other team members and others development teams (Belarus, Paris, Bangkok)
- Ability to collaborate successfully across geography boundaries, time-zones, cultural differences, etc.
- Demonstrate multitasking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative and looking to industry standards and trends
- Ability to self-motivate and hold enthusiasm to see tasks through to completion
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top