Senior Legal Writer
- Eagan, MN
Thomson Reuters is seeking a Senior Legal Writer to deliver legal analysis and current awareness information for legal practitioners across a broad range of practice areas. The Senior Legal Writer will research, contextualize, write and publish timely articles on important legal developments. The Senior Legal Writer will help identify top stories each day.
- Research, write and edit high-quality articles daily.
- Work closely with managing editors to drive coverage and assignments.
- Prioritize concurrent projects to meet challenging deadlines.
- Maintain competence in select areas of law.
- Analyze and anticipate interests of legal professionals.
- Identify key judicial, legislative, executive and transactional documents.
- Develop and maintain contacts with members of the legal community.
- Assist with publishing tasks, including assigning topics, linking and reviewing page layout.
- Work with colleagues and other departments to foster company goals.
- Contribute to product development as needed.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- J.D. preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in legal journalism, news or other writing environment.
- Experience at a major news, legal news or legal publishing company preferred.
- Superior writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with Associated Press style.
- Proven news judgment and analytical ability.
- Experience using Thomson Reuters Westlaw and online legal research platforms.
- Ability to quickly learn and master new technologies.
- Ability to adapt quickly to fulfill ongoing responsibilities and support emerging projects.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top