Senior Legal Editor (Oil and Gas) Midstream - Remote
Practical Law US is looking for a full-time Senior Midstream Oil & Gas Legal Editor to work on resources for our Law Firm and Law Department subscribers. This role can be located out of a home office anywhere in the United States if the candidate does not live near a Thomson Reuters office.
The Editor will:
- Develop ideas for the midstream Oil & Gas sector content to be published as part of Practical Law's online services.
- Write and edit legal resources, including standard form documents, practice guidance notes, checklists, and current awareness in accordance with the Practical Law writing style.
- Write and edit content for Practical Law's companion magazine, Practical Law The Journal.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external law firm contributors.
- Develop relationships with lawyers in private practice and in-house counsel to ensure that the midstream Oil & Gas content is topical and meets their needs.
- Support the sales and marketing teams in their efforts to market the Oil & Gas content, including by giving presentations at conferences and offices of potential subscribers and by responding to subscriber inquiries regarding Oil & Gas resources.
Minimum of eight (8) years' experience working as a transactional lawyer in a law firm or in-house with significant expertise in midstream Oil & Gas transactions.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience representing owners and operators of gathering systems, storage facilities, processing and treatment plants, interstate and intrastate pipelines, and LNG facilities in their commercial arrangements including the negotiation and drafting of some of the following agreements:
- Gathering and processing agreements, including compression, treatment, and fractionation agreements.
- Transportation agreements (whether by rail, truck, or vessel), transportation service agreements, and capacity rights agreements.
- Pipeline interconnection, expansion, and extension agreements.
- Storage, exchange, and terminalling agreements.
- Crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids marketing contracts.
- Offtake agreements, including throughput, gas purchase and sale, LNG purchase and sale agreements, ship-or-pay agreements, and tolling agreements.
- Facility operations and maintenance agreements.
Experience and familiarity in any of the following areas of the Oil & Gas sector a plus:
- Representing midstream companies and/or other parties in mergers, acquisitions, and sales of Oil & Gas (or related) assets and properties.
- Representing midstream companies in general corporate governance and other business matters.
- Advising midstream companies on aspects of environmental law.
- Representing midstream companies or lenders in the financing of Oil & Gas assets and projects on a limited recourse or corporate financing basis.
- Advising midstream companies, lenders and/or other parties on Oil & Gas regulation and permitting issues and requirements.
Candidates should also possess:
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of both law firm attorneys and in-house counsel.
- Skill and passion for writing, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- Ability to constantly collaborate with and support team members.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for working on a dynamic editorial team.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to submit a writing sample.
This role can be located out of a home office anywhere in the United States if the candidate does not live near a Thomson Reuters office.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Dallas-Texas-United States of America;Fort Worth-Texas-United States of America;New Orleans-Louisiana-United States of America;Oklahoma City-Oklahoma-United States of America
Back to top