Senior Legal Editor, Commercial Transactions
Practical Law US is looking for a Senior Commercial Editor to work on resources for our Law Firm and Law Department subscribers. The Editor will:
- Develop ideas for commercial law content to be published as part of Practical Law's online services.
- Write and edit law resources, including standard form documents, practice guidance notes and checklists in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Write and edit content for Practical Law's companion magazine, Practical Law The Journal.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external law firm contributors.
- Develop relationships with lawyers in private practice and in-house counsel and groups to ensure that the Commercial service's content is topical and meets their needs.
Candidates should have at least the following skills and experience:
Expertise in a variety of commercial transactional and counseling matters is required, including:
- general contract principles and boilerplate (standard provisions in all transactional matters);
- consumer regulatory issues (product safety and labeling);
- purchase, sale and supply of goods (UCC Article 2), including e-commerce transactions;
- manufacturing, distribution, logistics, warehousing and reseller transactions;
- consulting, sales representative and professional services arrangements;
- advertising and marketing; and
- international trade (including import/export regulations).
Minimum ten (10) years' experience working as a commercial transactional lawyer in a law firm and as in-house counsel, handling a range of general matters in outsourcing issues and one or more of the other areas specified above.
A good understanding of the needs and priorities of both law firm attorneys and in-house counsel.
Skill and passion for writing, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation and plain English; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
Ability to constantly collaborate with and support team members.
Flexibility in working on tasks other than writing legal resources, such as supporting the sales and marketing teams in their efforts to market the Commercial Transactions service, giving presentations at conferences and offices of potential subscribers, and responding to subscriber inquiries regarding Commercial resources.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to submit a writing sample.
This role has the ability to be a remote role located anywhere in the United States out of a home office. If not located in a geography near a Thomson Reuters office.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Chicago-Illinois-United States of America;Atlanta-Georgia-United States of America;Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-United States of America
Back to top