Senior Legal Editor, Business Entity Litigation
Practical Law, a Thomson Reuters business, is a leading online provider of legal know-how. We help business lawyers practice more efficiently and deliver greater value to clients. We deliver our content to companies, law firms, and law schools.
Our subscribers include most major international law firms and corporations, including over 90% of the top 200 law firms in the UK, over 80% of the AMLAW 100, and over 1,800 major companies worldwide. We launched our first US services in January 2009 and our Law Department service for in-house lawyers in January 2010.
We are a dynamic and fast growing company and are always looking out for bright and passionate people who share our vision for the future of legal services. We were recognized by the American Bar Association as being one of the three US companies that represent the future of law practice. For more information about Practical Law see our website at us.practicallaw.tr.com .
Practical Law US is looking for a Senior Litigation Editor with expertise in business entity litigation to create resources for our Litigation Service and other Practical Law services.
The Editor will:
- Develop and draft litigation content with a focus on business entity litigation and litigation procedure.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external law firm contributors providing litigation resources.
- Write, edit, and update resources, including practice guidance notes, checklists, and standard forms, in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Write and edit content for Practical Law's companion magazine, Practical Law The Journal: Litigation.
- Stay informed of current developments and issues in the law to ensure timely updates of existing content and development of new content.
- Organize and conduct webinars on topics of interest to attorneys and assist with marketing initiatives and sales demonstrations.
Candidates should have at least the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of eight (8) years' experience working as a litigator in a law firm, company, or governmental agency, with significant experience in business entity litigation.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- Keen interest in, and understanding of, the litigation process and court procedure.
- A solid understanding of the needs of law firm attorneys and corporate counsel with regards to disputes between various kinds of business entities.
- Experience in the following areas of business entity litigation is strongly preferred, including claims involving:
- business divorce;
- disputes among members of closely held corporations, partnerships, LPs, joint ventures, and LLCs;
- valuation, accounting, and buy-outs;
- books and records;
- best efforts; and
- restrictive covenants.
- Extensive state-court litigation experience in one or more the following jurisdictions is strongly preferred:
- California (preferably northern California);
- New York;
- New Jersey;
- Georgia; or
- A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to submit a writing sample.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Chicago-Illinois-United States of America;Miami-Florida-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America;Atlanta-Georgia-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top