Senior Legal Counsel
- Provides legal assistance to corporate attorneys.
- Acts as liaison between company attorneys, outside counsel, organizations and in-house employees.
- Assembles, proofs and edits drafts of contracts and other relevant documents.
- Prepares and files legal documents with appropriate entities, as required.
- Conducts research on projects as directed by attorneys.
- Assists internally in analyzing documents.
- Counsels on progress of cases.
SCOPE & IMPACT
- Gives advice to internal clients on functional matters, or on the interpretation of policies and practices.
- Covers all businesses within China coordinating with other areas on matters for which global approach is appropriate.
- Escalates complex problems and issues referred by others.
- Escalates higher risk/more unique problems.
5 - 8 years working experience as lawyer working in law firm or MNCs. Good skills in negotiation, teamwork and expertise in IPRs, data privacy, cyber security and foreign investment development.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Legal Expertise: Prior experience in negotiating relevant agreements, support agreements, license agreements, confidentiality agreements and Master Agreements.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to positively influence behavior of multiple stakeholders, as well as successfully balance the interests of the customer with maintaining a good legal and fiscal position for the company.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, to identify and resolve legal issues, possess knowledge of the business.
- Able to work well as a team member and build rapport and trust with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Good understanding of business law and high technology an asset.
- At least 3-5 years related experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top