Senior Legal Counsel
Position Title: Senior Legal Counsel
Location: Canary Wharf, London
An opportunity has arisen a new Senior Counsel to join the European Legal Department.
The role will require you to operate as a senior legal counsel supporting Refinitiv.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Duties will include contract drafting and negotiation, management of larger accounts, corporate counselling, risk management and legal compliance.
Your primary responsibilities/duties will be to:
- Review, draft, revise and negotiate a wide range of agreements with customers, vendors, resellers and other third parties, including large master agreements, data licenses, software and intellectual property licenses, consulting/services agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other standard and non-standard agreements related to sales of the company's products and/or services working within agreed contracting policies.
- Ensure appropriate level of legal involvement in contract negotiations and compliance with policies established by the legal department.
- Interface with appropriate company personnel to understand the business and financial issues involved in the negotiation and administration of contracts.
- Research and respond to general legal inquiries from in-house clients that relate to commercial law and copyright matters and provide guidance and advice to internal clients on contract issues; help internal clients to recognize the impact of customized deals.
- Identify ways to enhance and support the enhancement of internal processes and procedures to ensure compliance with contract terms and work with other members of the legal team and back-office to ensure swift and efficient contracts execution process.
- Make positive efforts to promote personal safety and that of others by taking reasonable care at work, by carrying out the requirements of the law or following recognised codes of practice provided or advised by management to ensure safe working practices.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager/director on a permanent or temporary basis
- The role will require you to provide legal support to all levels of personnel but in particular to the sales, commercial policy and content acquisitions teams in Europe.
- You will also be required to provide support to teams responsible for developing products.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Extensive post qualified legal experience gained either in private practice and/or as in-house corporate legal counsel operating across borders.
- Strong negotiating and communications skills required.
- Demonstrable ability to draft and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build rapport and trust with both internal and external clients.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and professionalism, be articulate, detail-oriented and hard-working.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, identify and resolve legal issues and possess knowledge of product, services and organisational structure.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, whilst also working well as a team member.
- Strong understanding of technology and information products.
- Ability to work in a European language preferred but not required.
- M&A and corporate experience desirable.
- Experience of, or a desire to work in, financial regulation would be helpful.
- Authorized to practice law in the EU.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top