Senior Learning & Development Manager – LatAm
The goal of the Corporate Learning & Development (L&D) team is to develop world-class leaders & managers, and provide all employees with access to the right learning at the right time across Thomson Reuters. This position directly reports to the Senior Director of Global L&D, with dotted line reporting to the Head of Talent & Development for Global Growth Organization (GGO) and is based at our corporate office in either Sao Palo Brazil or Buenos Aires Argentina and includes some travel between locations as needed.
The Senior L&D Manager will be responsible to develop and manage a strategic approach to L&D across LatAm. The role is part of the Corporate L&D Team, ensuring global programs are being maximized across the region as well as defining & implementing Corporate L&D solutions specific for LatAm. Therefore, the role is the face and voice of L&D for LatAm, building strong relationships across the Business Unit (BU) Leadership, BU Learning, HR and Talent Teams in order to understand the strategic priorities for the region while aligning with a global L&D agenda.
The role will provide consultation with stakeholders in order to identify the strategic priorities and then lead on design, development/ procurement and measurement of innovative and engaging Corporate L&D solutions as required, as well as drive the engagement for global L&D initiatives across LatAm
The Senior L&D Manager will be responsible for optimizing employees' experience with the learning tools, resources & programs provided by the Corporate L&D team, and raising the profile of learning at Thomson Reuters across all business units in LatAm. The Corporate L&D team's global learning initiatives include Learning at Thomson Reuters, Management at Thomson Reuters, Advanced Management at Thomson Reuters, Leadership Program for Women, Emerging Women in Leadership, Business Leaders Program, Leading in Growth Markets and more.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- LEANING NEEDS ANALYSIS & CONSULTATION
- Provide L&D expertise for key stakeholders, including business leaders, HR and Talent
- Be single point of learning contact for the LatAm Human Resources Leadership Team (HRLT) driving the L&D strategy
- Support Talent Team on development interventions, leveraging existing L&D programs & offerings where they exist
- Conduct Needs Analysis, across locations, across businesses to determine the strategic priorities
- LEARNING DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
- Design / develop (L&D solutions to close skill and behavior gaps that are specific to regional needs
- Create value-add activities to complement and enhance existing solutions
- Source learning solutions from other L&D functions across the region / globe, utilizing existing internal network
- Utilize external sources as appropriate to design and deliver learning solutions
- LEARNING DELIVERY & IMPLEMENTATION
- Deliver and facilitate learning sessions and program components etc as appropriate needed
- Partner with region stakeholders and L&D domain leads to determine regional implementation strategies of global programs and offerings.
- Partner with LSO overseeing all L&D logistics in the region
- Partner with domain leads and content SME to develop appropriate delivery strategies inclusive of T3s, QA of Facilitators
- Monitor learning vendors and provide feedback as necessary
- LEARNING MEASUREMENT & ANALYSIS
- Drive the regional strategy for learning measurement and analytics
- Assess impact of learning in regions by
- driving the metrics and analysis that measure ROI of learning efforts and ensure continual improvement
- Partner with stakeholders and L&D global measurement team to understand KPIs and reporting that is important to the region, while aligning globally
- L&D STRATEGY & ALIGNMENT
- Create a joined up L&D agenda for LatAm, marrying up the variety of L&D that already exists across LatAm and proposing a strategy to fill any gaps identified
- Align L&D activities with broader Talent agenda, working closely with Talent and HR teams
- Be an L&D Specialist in LatAm that aligns with L&D in other locations to help create a global L&D function which is fit-for-purpose regionally and globally consistent
- LOCALIZATION OF GLOBAL L&D PROGRAMS
- Localize existing programs to ensure fit for purpose & cultural locale
- Voice of Regions into Global, Global voice into Regions
- Manage nomination processes for corporate programs as needed
- Localize global L&D programs as required and create value-added activities to embed learning
- LEARNING ENGAGEMENT
- Drive overall engagement for regional learning (local, BU and global) programs and offerings) "joining up" learning as much as possible for ease of learner
- Engage local leaders in order to create support for roll-out of global & regional initiatives
- Partner with communications leads (global, local, regional etc) to ensure L&D is embedded in communications as a key driver for engagement and business improvement
- 5 – 10 years of experience in a corporate learning & talent development role, or related field
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Certifications in learning design and delivery a plus
- Ability to set strategic objectives and goals
- Innovative – ability to propose effective, original solutions to address learner needs and user experience
- Demonstrated strong analytic and collaboration skills
- Skilled at planning, project management, time management, and decision-making
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with a track record of successfully building long-term relationships with colleagues and business partners
- Proven L&D experience within a global, complex, matrix environment with a focus on LatAm
- Proven track record with developing a strategic approach to L&D, with strong stakeholder engagement and the ability to influence across the organization
- Deep expertise, understanding and can demonstrate their approach and give examples in a range of their L&D design approaches that produces a variety of innovative L&D activities (e.g. online / blended / experiential learning, with examples of a range of different L&D activities)
- Proven background in facilitation / presenting / training
- Excellent project management skills and budget management capability
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Able to fully speak, read, write and effectively communicate in English, Spanish and Portuguese
- Strong client mindset and commercial awareness
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills across a business, HR, and with global teams (both face to face and virtually)
- Ability to generate respect and trust from key stakeholders and across all levels of the organization
- Pragmatic team player who pushes forward business
- Able to shift between strategic thinking to design and delivery of L&D activities
- Motivated individual who demonstrates accountability for driving an L&D agenda, who thrives on owning new initiatives and delivering outcomes that enhance the L&D proposition
- Ability to make structure out of ambiguity, plan and prioritize in a busy workload environment while ensuring accuracy and maintaining focus
- Results orientated and self directed toward accomplishment. Is action orientated. Likes challenge, Pursues opportunities. Consistently high achieving
- Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships, identifies unique leaner expectations, sees opportunities from their point of view; offers practical recommendations / learning solutions.
- Dynamic, innovative, confident self starter, and self directed management style: ability to manage, coordinate, execute work load with own initiative, especially due to remote management and working teams
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top