Senior L&D Manager – Technology
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Job Title: Senior L&D Manager – Technology
Location: Canary Wharf, London, UK
Reporting line: Reports to Head of Skills Development, based in Bangalore
Thomson Reuters (TR) sits at the crossroads of global commerce and the rule of law around the world. We call ourselves the Answer Company, and we provide professionals with the technology, content and human expertise to make crucial, effective decisions. We are over 45,000-strong, and have been in over 100 countries for over 100 years.
In January 2016, we formed our Enterprise Technology & Operations organisation (ET&O); this brings all our technologists into a single gropu in order to be more efficient and effective. Talent is core to this transformation: we deploy, develop and engage a diverse group of people so ET&O can be the engine of growth for TR. We support leaders in embedding talent into their business agenda, equip our people with the skills and behaviours to drive ET&O forward, and help to build an inclusive culture where all can thrive.
Our enterprise technology strategy is founded on critical capabilities which are highly valued by our customers. Among them are: artificial intelligence, data science, cloud, security, blockchain and digital. To deliver these capabilities, we need to build skills among our our 12,000 technologists based around the world. In some cases we do this from scratch, in others we develop and update existing skills. For some we help build deep domain expertise, in others we build broader awareness. Regardless, we need to do this in a consistent, scaled manner that ensures our technology employees continue to learn as these disciplines evolve.
To help this happen, we are creating a new technology skills development team, led by a senior L&D manager for enterprise technology. It's an exciting role with a global remit, in which a motivated individual will work with their team, their peers and tech experts around the world to prove the business impact of our tech learning agenda. The senior manager will have a team of three reporting into them; these people are based in Bangalore, and are responsible for 1) programs, 2) community and platforms and 3) administrative and program support.
For the right candidate, this could be a career-defining opportunity to define, shape and deliver a strategy that changes the way our technologists learn and develop, and the way our organization delivers. It offers significant development opportunity for whoever is in the role.
- Liaise with global stakeholders to conduct technology skills needs analysis, which will be refreshed on ongoing basis
- Use insights from needs analysis to develop technology skills strategy, and related budget needs
- Work with leadership, experts, learning and HR globally to agree the strategy and partner in its delivery
- Partner with experts and third parties to design and deliver programs, content and solutions to build key capabilities
- Build communities of experts who can share knowledge with each other, and build a culture of ongoing learning
- Make best use of technology platforms – including Docebo, Safari and the TR instance of Jive – to deliver content
- Plan and track impact of work, and adapt activity in light of insights from these metrics; manage associated budget
Essential Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Deep expertise and understanding of a range of progressive L&D design approaches that produce a range of innovative L&D activities (eg. online / blended / experiential learning)
- Interest in, and understanding of, the use of leading edge technology and techniques in L&D
- Experience measuring the impact of learning solutions
- Able to manage stakeholders, partners, vendors; can effectively manage a distributed team, and influence others outside the team to help design and deliver the agenda
- Demonstrated consulting skills: understand issues, propose solutions, deliver and track impact
- Communicates effectively, both in person and in writing – especially in Powerpoint and Word
- Good at managing a distributed team, and partnering with colleagues across a global organisation
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally, have undergraduate or advanced degree in business, HR, or related disciplines
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top