Senior Lawyer Writer, IT Law
Thomson Reuters is a truly unique business. We are a global enterprise and leading provider of news, information services and technology. Here, your work matters and has the potential to change the world. Every day, Thomson Reuters news, information, technology, and expertise help make great things happen.
We are proud to have been recognized globally as a leading employer based on our commitment to diversity, focus on company culture, work life balance and for acts to promote socio-economic progress worldwide through the Thomson Reuters foundation.
We are recruiting for a Senior IT Lawyer to play a key role in developing our leading knowledge platform, Practical Law.
Practical Law is a time-saving legal guidance and know-how solution, empowering law firms and legal departments to act with confidence through the practical guides, precedents, and legal updates.
The innovative work environment spans both the legal and technology industries, and offers genuine work life balance within a supportive culture. You will be part of a high calibre team comprised of ex-top tier lawyers with substantial practicing experience.
As a Senior Lawyer Writer you will use your practical expertise in IT Law to write and develop premium quality content resources to be used by practicing lawyers.
In this highly collaborative role, you work closely with the other writing teams and specialists from other disciplines, such as IT, business development or marketing and also with our lawyers in other jurisdictions. The role will see you:
- Research, write, draft, edit and maintain premium quality know-how resources including practice notes, standard documents, checklists and drafting notes.
- Support internal peer review processes to ensure content is legally correct, kept continuously updated and maintained to reflect all relevant legal developments and reflect current market practice.
- Keep up to-date with the law and monitor legal, practice and market developments.
- Maintain relationships with the market to ensure the highest standards of content relevancy and currency.
- Assist in the development and publication of commissioned content authored by commercial lawyers in private practice and in-house legal teams.
- Engage with clients and participating in sales meetings, demonstrating know-how resources to potential subscribers.
To be successful in this role you will need to meet following requirements:
- Admitted to practice as a lawyer in Australia, with minimum of 5 years PQE gained at a top-tier or highly regarded mid-tier firm, or in an in house corporate counsel role.
- Experience in IT legal practice, including transactional and/or regulatory advice work and drafting of IT contracts and agreements.
- An interest and passion for writing, technology and commercial legal practice.
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities.
As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please download our App here http://thomsonreuters.com/en/careers/what-we-do/our-story-app.html or visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top