Senior Lawyer Writer, Banking & Finance
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Practical Law Australia has an opportunity for a Senior Banking and Finance Lawyer to join our new Banking & Finance team. Working within the established global enterprise of Thomson Reuters, you will have a key role in the development of this leading knowledge platform. The innovative work environment spans both the legal and technology industries, and offers genuine work life balance within a supportive culture. You will be part of a high calibre team comprised of ex-top tier lawyers with substantial practicing experience.
- Key attributes
To be successful in this role you will need to consistently demonstrate:
- A high level of technical competence in Banking & Finance legal practice, with a commitment to remaining up to date with legal developments in Banking & Finance law and related areas.
- Exceptional written communication skills with an ability to clearly and concisely explain complex legal concepts and information.
- A comprehensive understanding of how commercial businesses operate.
- Effectiveness at building relationships within Thomson Reuters' global operations, particularly within Practical Law.
- An interest in the evolving impact of technology on the legal industry, and the potential for utilising technological innovations to create value for law firms and in-house legal teams
- Content creation – research, write, draft, edit and maintain premium quality know-how resources in a clear, concise and understandable style. These resources include practice notes, standard documents, checklists and drafting notes. Initial content would focus on a broad range of corporate matters and contracts, including intellectual property, privacy and data protection, risk and compliance across different industry sectors.
- Quality Assurance – Produce all content in compliance with rigorous internal peer review processes to ensure content is legally correct, kept continuously updated and maintained to reflect all relevant legal developments and reflect current market practice.
- Market Relationships – Keep up to-date with the law and monitor legal, practice and market developments. Maintain relationships with the market to ensure the highest standards of content relevancy and currency. Assist in the development and publication of commissioned content authored by corporate lawyers in private practice and in-house legal teams.
- Assist Sales and Marketing teams by participating in sales meetings, demonstrating know-how resources to potential subscribers.
- Admitted to practice as a lawyer in Australia, with a current practicing certificate.
- Minimum 5 years PQE gained at a top-tier or highly regarded mid-tier firm, or in an in house corporate counsel role.
- Experience in Banking & Finance legal practice, covering a wide range of areas such as corporate finance, property and project finance, leveraged and acquisition finance, structured and debt finance.
- Good understanding of the current and evolving needs and priorities of law firms, in-house counsel and the Australian legal market.
- Superior drafting skills, excellent command of grammar and style, and the ability to write clearly and concisely on complex legal issues.
- Superior research skills and legal reasoning abilities, and familiarity with legal technology platforms.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for building and fostering relationships with a range of diverse clients including local and international stakeholders.
- The ability to work as part of a team and act with urgency to deliver on deadlines
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top