Senior Java Software Engineer (telecommuting role - any US/Canada location)
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organisation.
We are currently looking for a self-starting full stack Sr. Software Engineer, who is interested in working with Big Data and graph technologies. This role involves working with Thomson Reuters Data Fusion and Graph Feed platforms, a hybrid of big data and linked data technologies, which our clients use to integrate their data with Thomson Reuters Knowledge Graph and find new insights. Combined with Thomson Reuters Intelligent Tagging and PermID solutions, Data Fusion allows organizations to put their relevant structured and unstructured data in the larger context of Thomson Reuters' Knowledge Graph. This combination of content and technology accelerates insight by connecting the dots in a unique way, unmatched by any other solution on the market.
- Mentor new developers, as well as other members on the development team
- Back-end application development using Java related technologies
- Ensure high code quality with a focus on test-driven-development
- Work closely with UX/UI Designers, interpreting wireframes, mockups and comps and producing corresponding interactions using responsive web development
- Stay current with technology trends with the ability to pick up new technologies quickly with minimal direction
- Recommend solutions to the development team on best practices and ways to implement engaging, front-end interactions across browsers, platforms, and operating systems
We are looking for a full-stack developer with ability to work on any part of the application stack. This is a distributed team so the ability to effectively work with remote team members is essential
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 3 years of professional software development experience to include:
- Expertise creating high-performance and well architected RESTful APIs with Java related technologies (Java, Groovy & Grails)
- Experience with automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools like GitHub and Jenkins
- Experience with test-driven-development tools like JUnit, Spock, Jasmine, Selenium, CasperJS, Cucumber, etc.
- Solid understanding of the Linux server operating system for running applications
- Experience with AWS or other cloud-based development with a focus on Linux VMs
- Demonstrate contribution to open source projects
- Knowledge of other big data and semantic web technologies, e.g., Spark, SPARQL, RDF
- Familiarity with big data engines (Hadoop)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top