Senior Instructional Designer
Do you have a successful track record employing Instructional Design methodologies to propose and implement learning solutions for software product training? Have you been responsible for the design of training curriculums? Are you a master of Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia and other eLearning tools utilized for content development? Do you have strong project management skills and the ability to keep up with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment? Are you a team player with good communication skills? Are you comfortable and confident when communicating with clients and various levels of the organization?
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and forward-thinking learning professional to design and develop training curriculum and content that will meet the needs of next-generation learners for the ONESOURCE product suite. This role focuses on customer-facing product and process training delivered through ONESOURCE University. Our primary learners include corporate clients, accounting firms and implementers.
The Senior Instructional Designer will report into the Manager, Curriculum and Content Development as part of the ONESOURCE University Curriculum and Content Development team. They will work closely with the ONESOURCE University team, leadership, key stakeholders, subject matter experts (SMEs) and customers to create instructor-led training, eLearning, live web-based learning sessions, blended solutions, learning guides, support materials and certification exams following proven instructional design methodologies and processes. This role requires strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills to effectively manage, develop and deliver customer-focused learning programs. Also critical for this role is the ability to determine the appropriate content and delivery type (i.e. instructor-led, web, eLearning, etc.) for our different customers and the ability to bring together text, images, video and audio to train and certify our customers. The successful candidate will have proven mastery of learning technologies (Captivate, Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, SnagIt) and the drive to learn and incorporate emerging tools and technologies into our training.
- Understands business/product objectives and recommends effective learning solutions to meet business goals, drive revenue, enhance learning effectiveness and increase satisfaction
- Participates and contributes in the development and implementation of curriculum and content development strategies, plans and processes
- Develops and presents Training Project Plans to key stakeholders for approval, including resource needs and realistic timelines
- Reviews, assesses and interprets technical documents and existing course material used for developing instructional materials
- Manages training projects, participates in learning needs analysis, curriculum mapping, design, writing, development, testing, implementation and evaluation of all training materials
- Contributes to curriculum design, instructional design, content writing and hands-on exercise development for specific ILT or blended learning programs
- Designs and develops cutting edge, graphically rich, engaging and interactive learning deliverables for all delivery types (i.e. instructor led, eLearning, etc.)
- Exercises sound judgment when determining appropriate learning solutions, training delivery methods and evaluation criteria, based on inputs, objectives and desired outcomes
- Understands content structure and develops curriculums, courses, modules, learning objectives and assessment questions to effectively transfer and validate knowledge
- Collaborates closely with key stakeholders, subject matter experts, management, and other parts of the overall business
- Delivers on both project management of resources and content development, while managing simultaneous projects
- Utilizes a customer-focused (internal and/or external) approach to problem-solving
- Develops content that complies with all NASBA CPE guidelines and standards for Instructor-led Group-Live, Group Internet-based and QAS Self-Study courses
- Works closely with ONESOURCE University trainers on delivery approach and implementation of training materials
- Actively develops ONESOURCE product knowledge, and participates in readiness activities to stay abreast of product enhancements and training deliverables
- BS, MA or MS degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or similar
- 5 to 8 years of Instructional Design experience in a training, education and/or development group; Experience with similar industry and customer-facing, software product training preferable
- Advanced knowledge of multimedia authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate and/or other Adobe tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), Camtasia and other eLearning authoring tools
- Ability to design or create dynamic, engaging, hands-on content (instructor-led and blended content) that incorporates both design elements and effective learning principles for an optimum learning experience
- Strong project management skills and ability to successfully multi-task, set priorities, and meet timelines
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied adult learning theory, instructional design, organizational metrics, and learning management system capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills including proven ability to collaborate with teams and individuals at all organizational levels
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to see details and larger picture
- Visual design skills and the ability to storyboard
- Motivation and drive to experiment and try new ways of sharing learning content with learners
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top