Senior Instructional Designer
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and forward-thinking learning professional to design and deploy a Content Development Strategy (Strategy) that will meet the needs of modern and next-generation learners for the ONESOURCE product suite. This person will help transform our training and help take it to the next level.
The Senior Instructional Designer will be responsible for designing and deploying a Strategy that produces learning content that is engaging, innovate, and easy to use. The Strategy should encompass a blended learning approach organized by clear Learning Paths that resonate with our primary learners (target audience). Our primary learners include Corporate Clients, Accounting Firms, Certified Implementers, and Internal Users. Senior Instructional Designer should have expertise in determining appropriate delivery type (i.e. instructor led, web seminar, eLearning, etc.) for various types of content.
Another primary focus is developing content that can be multi-purpose to reduce overall maintenance effort. Multi-purpose includes creating content that can be utilized during instructor-led and/or eLearning module. Another example would be creating domestic content that can be easily translated into another language and/or localized with more pertinent examples.
- Design, develop, and implement Content Development Strategy for ONESOURCE product suite appropriate for target audience
- Present Content Development Strategy to key stakeholders for approval; Strategy to be organized by Learning Path by product, and include resource needs, timeline, and cost estimates
- Design process should include, at minimum:
- Review and evaluation of learning technologies and methods
- Development of instructional design approach
- Development of formal content creation process (e.g. Plan, Create, Approve, Publish/Govern)
- Development of courses should include, at minimum:
- Project management controls and testing to ensure content is delivered with high-quality and timelines are met
- Training deliverables should include knowledge testing
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for developing training
- Review and interpret technical documentation and existing course materials for the purpose of developing instructional materials
- Design and develop cutting edge, graphically rich, engaging learning deliverables for all delivery types (i.e. instructor led, eLearning, etc.)
- Deploy maintenance and surveillance process to review and evaluate content
- Info will used to evaluate effectiveness of overall Strategy and specifics about each course (e.g. course continues, course cancellation, course change, etc.)
- Work closely with ONESOURCE University trainers on delivery approach and implementation of training materials
- Actively develop ONESOURCE product knowledge
- Participate in readiness activities to stay abreast of product enhancements and training deliverables
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously under aggressive deadlines
- Act as a project manager for internal project teams
- Develop positive relationships with stakeholders and team members
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar
- 5 to 8 years of Instructional Design experience in a training, educational,
and/or development group; Experience with similar industry preferable
- Strong interpersonal skills including proven ability to collaborate with teams
and individuals at all organizational levels
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to see details and larger picture
- Ability to design or create dynamic and engaging content (instructor led and
eLearning content) that incorporates both design elements and effective
learning principles for an optimum learning experience
- Advanced knowledge of multimedia authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate
and/or other Adobe tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), Articulate Storyline, and
other eLearning authoring tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied adult learning theory, instructional design,
organizational metrics, learning management systems, and organizational
- Strong project management skills and able to successfully multi-task, set
priorities, and meet timelines
- Visual design skills and the ability to storyboard
- Motivation and drive to experiment and try new ways of sharing learning
content with learners
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top