Senior Implementation Specialist
ONESOURCE is designed to be used in corporate tax departments, by international controllers and in public accounting firms. The position involves travel throughout the U.S. Candidate must reside in close proximity of a major airport and be preferably near the Thomson Reuters Carrollton, TX office.
In this position you will be responsible for working on project teams implementing the ONESOURCE R&D Tax Credit Module and collaboration tools that support a comprehensive end to end tax processes. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of corporate tax department operations and processes.
The position responsibilities include:
- Meeting with customer's management, team leads to determine business and technical needs for the ONESOURCE R&D Tax Credit Manager
- Recommending optimal system configuration and business processes based on industry best practices.
- Prepare and present implementation plans for customer approval.
- Manage and execute implementation plans including managing project scope, directing staff resources (both internal and external), evaluating results, creating documentation of newly created processes and managing overall engagement.
- Train client personnel on use of ONESOURCE R&D Tax Credit Manager software solutions and business practices.
- Configure modules of the client's licensed ONESOURCE instance(s).
- Document client system enhancement requests and report such request to product management.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Be capable of working in a virtual office environment anywhere in the US.
- Four-year college degree is required.
- At least three plus years of experience working in a corporate tax department or in a CPA firm working with corporate tax departments.
- Project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and contribute subject matter expertise to multiple engagements concurrently.
- Ability to interface with all levels of an organization.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with strict attention to detail.
- Understanding of general business and tax department processes.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, with strong background in Excel and data manipulation.
- Prior knowledge of ONESOURCE software is preferred.
- A CPA and experience working with corporate clients is also preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top