Senior Implementation Consultant
- Ann Arbor, MI
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
In this position you will be responsible for implementing the ONESOURCE Indirect Tax suite of products. The position will involve travel throughout the U.S.(depending on safe Covid travel restrictions)
About the Role
As our Senior Implementation Consultant, you will:
- Perform process requirements (OTC, PTP) and analysis workshops with clients to define business, process, functional requirements and data element requirements.
- Consult and provide guidance with best process, project scheduling, resource availability for successful tax automation implementations
- Lead project teams consisting of TRTA project teams, Partner project teams and Client project team members.
- Manage project schedules, budget allocations, define statements of work, manage change control and change requests
- Troubleshoot software and implementation issues; provide workaround and functional implementation guidance.
- Gather business, process and integration requirements.
- Support customers in preparing and documenting tax use cases and testing scenarios
- Up to 75% travel a possibility (depending on safe Covid travel restrictions):: client sites, OffsiteTraining,Industry events and assist with implementations.
You will likely have:
- 7-8 years of Implementation experience in tax automation.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant industry certifications (CPA, MBA) preferred
- Should have strong Determination functional knowledge in US and International taxes.
- Performs tax functional roles on large international projects, led by a Manager, ONESOURCE Partner, or Customer.
- Can scope out a simple or semi-complex project based on business requirements and achievable benefits
- Technical and Functional Expertise (must meet at least 1 category requirement)
- Functionally proficient with at least 2 ONESOURCE products: Determination, Reporting, S&U Compliance, VAT Compliance, Property Tax, Certificate Manager.
- Functionally proficient in the Order to Cash and Procure to Pay processes.
Specialized Industry knowledge required:
- Background as a PM or Analyst in tax laws and tax automation systems.
- Hands on functional experience in tax laws, rules and citations in US and International taxation.
- Background in Indirect or Property Tax Law, Research or Consulting
- Must possess strong cross team/group/org collaboration skills; ability to foresee and analyze project risks, develop risk management plan and mitigate subsequent issues
- Must have high-powered analytical skills and the ability to understand concepts and situations that pass by many others
- Must have excellent communication skills, strong project management skills, and demonstrated success in adult learning and training principles/skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to achieve objectives by successfully interacting and collaborating with:
- Senior staff level team members in ONESOURCE Engineering, Product Management, Customer Support, and Sales.
- Senior staff level resources at ONESOURCE Partners (KPMG, Deloitte, Accenture, Ryan, etc.)
What's in it For You
- At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: as a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: we have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: we offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- Team outings at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, Topgolf, escape rooms, bowling,
- Charitable opportunities such as 5k runs and fundraisers
- Easy walking distance to several restaurants, including Starbucks for that midday slump
- Running groups, pick-up games, several co-ed sports leagues, and a gym to keep you moving
- Casual attire
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America
Back to top