Senior HR Manager
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Trusted advisor to business leaders and to the employees, and is able to maintain an objective balance between business priorities as well as employee engagement.
- Understand the drivers to company performance, the industry, the company value proposition and how the business retains competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Works closely with business and site leadership, as well as, first line managers to enhance individual and team capability, build morale, increase productivity and retention to maximize organizational effectiveness
- Ensures a consistent approach to HR activities and compliance with regional and global policies and legal requirements whilst adhering to local statutory requirements under employment legislation.
- Provides direction and coaching for the business in all matters associated with the delivery of people-related activities i.e. annual performance management, rewards, talent, learning and development.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit's workforce planning and resource management.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance and coaching to managers.
- Facilitates and/or provides training on key annual HR areas, including induction and on-boarding of new joiners.
- Supports site leaders and site engagement teams in employee engagement initiatives.
- Lead and manage the implementation of global HR related projects by adapting and developing suitable local HR solutions.
- Manages employee relations cases and will be responsible to facilitate the resolution of employee relations issues, thorough objective investigations in partnership with management.
- Stays current on Thomson Reuters enterprise wide People priorities and initiatives and external's latest trends (both commercial and HR specific) that would be prevalent to Thomson Reuters People Strategy in location.
- Passionate about the business and the people and will drive personal development to maintain and improve knowledge and skills needed to perform at a high level.
- Degree qualified with well rounded experience across a range of HR disciplines (HR policy application and advisory, talent acquisition, workforce planning, talent management, employee engagement, employee relations, training, rewards and compensation).
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills with the ability to adapt communication style to be effective at all levels.
- A good team player with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent up-to-date knowledge of employment law and the application as well as impact on daily HR activities.
- Ability to understand and work effectively in complex multinational, multi-marix business environments.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and be flexible and resilient in a changing environment.
- Well organised and disciplined with regards to the application of HR policy, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrates good commercial acumen with excellent problem solving.
- Previous experience in handling sensitive employee relations.
- Knowledge of HR systems and Microsoft Office applications essential.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top