Senior HR Manager
Brookfield is astrategic location for Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk (F&R) businesswith approximately 425 employees serving the Wealth Managementbusiness predominantly in our Customer Proposition segment. We have a number of our senior leaders workingfrom the Brookfield location in addition this role would also support theWealth Management Managing Director and our Wealth Management Technology ManagingDirector, who work out of New York. This position will also be responsible forHR coverage of our Rockville, Maryland location as they are predominantlyaligned to the Wealth Management business group. The Senior HR Manager is ahighly matrixed and collaborative role. Thisrole requires working together with business leadership team as well as theregional HR teams and Centers of Excellence to drive the strategic peopleagenda and contribute to the operational and financial performance of thebusiness. Serve as a thought leader to the business leaders as well as to thebroader HR organization.
Lead the creation and execution of the people strategy to deliver business results, as well as creating tailored solutions to meet the needs for the Wealth Management business. Support two sites in order for them to meet the business objectives and the long term strategic vision of the organization.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Partnering and innovating across the Enterprise
- Member of the Customer Proposition (F&R) HR team and the Enterprise Technology and Operations (ET&O) HR teams responsible for developing and implementing organizational strategies and plans as well as lead enterprise initiatives aligned to business priorities.
- Provides consulting advice, coaches and influences senior leaders on people plan and people leadership
- Partners effectively with the Regional HR teams, the Centers of Excellence (CoEs) (for example Talent, Reward, Talent Acquisition, Service Delivery) to develop, deliver and promote central initiatives that drive the business strategy
- Acts as a change agent within their organization and across HR, in particular influencing their leadership team to reflect, evolve, transform and innovate
- Works with other HRBPs and COEs to ensure the execution of their people plan is in line with others and is non-duplicative
- Determines the implications of changes in the external and internal business environment and contributes to the appropriate HR response
- Establish strong relationships and communication channels with key business managers, proactively understand customer needs and prioritize workload accordingly in line with HR Lead Business and USPF direction
- Ensures that line leaders are effectively and proactively managing staff performance.
- Leverages the HR service delivery model to ensure that employees are provided the right level of support.
- Leading projects and contributing to large scale or global and enterprise projects driving towards improved customer excellence
Strategic workforce planning
- Interprets the business strategy to deliver the strategic workforce plan in collaboration with key stakeholders that is fit for purpose for both the short- and long-term
- Uses predicative analytics and scenario modelling to inform strategic workforce planning
- Uses knowledge of the external market to identify future capabilities against industry trends in order to design and execute the workforce plan
- Alignment of people costs spend with strategic workforce plans
Organizational design and talent management
- Designs the right operating model and talent management activities for their organization to support delivering the business strategy
- Strengthens and builds the talent pool through comprehensive talent management including succession planning, talent flow and career management
- Coaches leaders on effective management of their talent including career and development planning
- Executes the talent acquisition strategy to attract and on-board required future capabilities including ensuring they themselves are deeply connected to the external markets from which talent will be sourced
- Implement BU specific projects with client group in line with overall project plan (e.g. RIF's, organizational restructures)
- Preparing for and facilitating meetings with groups of managers where these are required to review and discuss input from individual managers and ensure a consistent and aligned outcome (e.g. PAW, Talent Review)
Organizational health and effectiveness
- Consults and identifies ways to improve business effectiveness and operational improvements in alignment with the business model
- Creates actionable insight between organizational health and business performance; designing and executing action plans that contain appropriate levers (leadership, management practices, rewards, structure, organizational climate, etc.).
- Actively manages the employee lifecycle to ensure a positive employee experience
- Leads efforts to build a diverse and inclusive environment where D&I is a driver of strategy rather than compliance
- Interprets and promotes the Corporate Responsibility and Inclusion (CR&I) agenda for the organisation
- Partners with stakeholders to reinforce and embed the desired values and culture of the organisation
- Uses Rewards as an appropriate driver of organizational performance, works closely with the Reward CoE to ensure appropriate uses of various reward types. Proactively monitors the use of rewards within the business they support.
Understanding data and creating insight
- Interprets and provides metrics and analytics to guide management decisions that drive the people strategy
- Creates actionable insight from data to positively impact organization performance
- Leverages predictive analytics to forecast future organisation impact
- Knows how to and promotes the use of Workday as the main platform for creating organisational insight and operational efficiency
- Complete data-audits as required to support cyclical processes
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
EDUCATION AND CAPABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Business, HR, or relevant university degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in HR with the last few years as a HR Business partner preferably in a multinational organization
- Prior experience in supporting senior business/functional leaders
- Experience in organization design and effectiveness
- Experience actively managing health of an organization (engagement, culture, D&I , retention, etc)
- Solid knowledge of a broad range of HR policies and processes impacting the employee
- Workday experience preferred
- Solid presentation skills, research & analysis and business writing experience
- Values and Behaviors - demonstrates positive values, role modeling the Company behaviors (trust, partnership, innovation and performance)
- Learning Agility - Learns quickly when facing new problems, a relentless and versatile learner, and open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement, experiments and will try anything to find solutions, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, gets first- hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services, acts with customers in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization, builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact, can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at honest analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, isn't upset when things are up in the air, doesn't have to finish things before moving on, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top