Senior Financial Analyst, Decision Support
Date Posted: May 3, 2018
Location: 2075 Kennedy Road - Scarborough
Senior Financial Analyst, Decision Support
This role is responsible for Sales and Revenue planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis in Thomson Reuters Legal and Tax & Accounting Knowledge Solutions Canada. The individual will play an important role in supporting business strategies to deliver sustainable revenue growth.
This position is responsible for:
- leading the annual revenue plan, mid-year review and monthly forecast (Early Look) by coordinating with business partners and consolidating submissions on a timely basis;
- develop sound guidelines and process leading to a smooth and condensed planning and forecasting cycle;
- reporting monthly key revenue metrics including new vs renewal sales, retention rates, book of business annual contract values, recurring subscriptions vs one time transactional sales;
- forecasting, planning and analyzing, using driver based revenue model;
- monitoring actual revenue results throughout the month against forecast and plan;
- analyzing trends and providing insightful variance analysis and proactive feedback that will drive decisions leading to achievement of targets;
- supporting the business by developing and enhancing customer segments and product reporting and analysis;
- effective communication of results to business partners by providing appropriate level of information and analysis;
- developing solid relationships with all areas of the business and be an effective partner to both internal customers and Corporate FP&A team;
- simplifying and improving existing reporting and analytical tools to ensure efficient and effective monitoring of revenue performance;
- working closely with partners in Financial Operations (orders processing and billing) and providing guidance to ensure business rules and processes are in place to capture accurate revenue recognition; and
- Ad hoc revenue requests and analysis from business partners as required.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a University or College degree (CPA, CA or CMA accounting designation required);
- 5+ years of progressive experience in revenue planning and forecasting;
- the ability to communicate effectively with both finance and non-finance stakeholders;
- excellent financial modeling skills, highly motivated and a proactive self-starter;
- exceptional organizational skills and detail-oriented;
- strong business acumen and analytical skills to make sound judgement and decisions;
- the ability to leverage and work cohesively with Global Service Centre to streamline reporting process;
- business partnering experience in a large matrix organization;
- strong technical skills with the ability to learn new applications with ease; and
- advanced skills in MS Excel, Access and Power Point with the ability to work effectively with data from multiple billing systems.
Working knowledge of SAP, Hyperion and Business Objects will be considered an asset.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 - 2018, a Best Workplace from 2006 - 2018, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top