Senior Financial Analyst
Date Posted: May 4, 2017
Location: 2075 Kennedy Road – Scarborough
Senior Financial Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Thomson Reuters Canada team. The main objective of the position is to provide financial support to the Legal and Tax & Accounting business units. This role will focus on reporting, planning, forecasting, and providing insightful analysis to our business partners.
This position is responsible for:
- providing timely and accurate monthly reporting and analysis for the following groups: Tax & Accounting, Media, PCO, Transactional Businesses and Customer Segments;
- leading quarterly Financial Reviews with Management Team;
- leading the annual planning and quarterly forecasting process by developing sound revenue and expense plans for assigned groups;
- delivering Corporate Reporting packages to the TR Tax & Accounting group;
- participating in Corporate Finance's global projects/initiatives;
- leveraging the COE (Centre of Excellence) and embrace standardization to deliver high quality financial analysis and reporting;
- supporting and initiating simplification & process improvements;
- monitoring monthly capital expenditures and releasing AUC (Asset Under Construction) capital balances as needed;
- participating in accounting close activities; and
- performing other duties, including administrative tasks, as required within a small Finance team.You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a University or College degree (CPA or other accounting designation preferred);
- 5 years of progressive experience in financial reporting, planning, forecasting, analysis, and data modeling;
- excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills are critical, including the ability to communicate financial information and issues to senior management;
- strong collaboration and relationship management building skills are required to work within a Global team structure;
- the ability to work independently with the flexibility and urgency to change priorities when circumstances dictate;
- strong analytical skills and the ability to make effective judgments and decisions on relative information;
- the ability to succeed in a Global team environment with a focus on customer service;
- an understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls;
- the ability to deal with and/or reconcile data/information from multiple sources;
- the ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently;
- the ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance;
- strong computer skills with proven ability to learn new applications; and
- advanced skills in Excel and Power Point is required.
Working experience in SAP, Hyperion, Microsoft Access & Business Objects will be considered an asset.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. Thomson Reuters is committed to building a diverse workforce. We rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals, and to do that, we seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification. We consider work from home arrangements for candidates with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities. More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on: www.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top